Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad  (Read 20537 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 01:34:55 am »

chick webb tracts

Now there's a thought.  I guess you use them to drum up interest in religion.

HAW HAW HAW
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:44 am »

if you want the government to wipe your ass, move to the E.U.

Fuck no, I want deregulation and capitalism until we're as much of a 3rd world country as Haiti, so your ass can get buried in rubble and then I'll fuck*ng kick your dead feet stickin' out of the rubble and be all yelling and shit and be like "how do you fuckin' like your anti-thesis of socialism now, mr. koolayd???" and I'll post it on you tube and I'll get one of those fuckin' video picture frames at walmart and I'll put in on there and I'll duct tape the frame to your toumbstone or more likely mass grave as the case may be.

Logged

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 02:08:56 am »

thanks for properly (i hope?) reading the sarcasm.

okay wait what?  I guess then my post was sarcastic too
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 04:45:19 am »

but geez, Apple's design philosophy is idiotic in some ways... like how it takes so much work and technical expertise and therefore expense to replace the battery in an iphone.
It's intentional. They make it hard to upgrade/modify their devices so that they can have a smooth form factor or whatever and so that you have pay them to fix anything or just buy a new thingy. Did you ever notice that there's no micro-SD slot on any Apple device? Isn't that the easiest/cheapest way to upgrade solid state storage space?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: iPad
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 06:21:17 am »

Fuck no, I want deregulation and capitalism until we're as much of a 3rd world country as Haiti, so your ass can get buried in rubble and then I'll fuck*ng kick your dead feet stickin' out of the rubble and be all yelling and shit and be like "how do you fuckin' like your anti-thesis of socialism now, mr. koolayd???" and I'll post it on you tube and I'll get one of those fuckin' video picture frames at walmart and I'll put in on there and I'll duct tape the frame to your toumbstone or more likely mass grave as the case may be.



whatever, dude.  im fat, so the rubble would just bounce off of me.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 06:27:21 am »

It's intentional. They make it hard to upgrade/modify their devices so that they can have a smooth form factor or whatever and so that you have pay them to fix anything or just buy a new thingy. Did you ever notice that there's no micro-SD slot on any Apple device? Isn't that the easiest/cheapest way to upgrade solid state storage space?

so which is more evil -- Apple's planned obsolescence in hardware, or Microsoft's planned obsolescence in software?
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010, 08:10:14 am »

Microsoft's upgrade cycle is a helluva lot friendlier than Apple's
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 02:39:41 pm »

so which is more evil -- Apple's planned obsolescence in hardware, or Microsoft's planned obsolescence in software?

I can continue using Microsoft's outdated software -- XP's still working fine for me, thanks.  When my pretty little piece of Apple hardware quits working, I'm screwed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: iPad
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:28 pm »

Yeah, as late as 2008, I was using a computer with Windows 98 on it.

It didn't work PERFECTLY but it served my minimum needs.

Whereas my girlfriend is on iPod... three?... in four years?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 04:55:55 pm »

People expect Microsoft to suck. It's the magic of lowered expectations.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: iPad
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »

Quote
Yeah, as late as 2008, I was using a computer with Windows 98 on it.

It didn't work PERFECTLY but it served my minimum needs.

Whereas my girlfriend is on iPod... three?... in four years?

How many macbooks has she gone through? my friends who have macbooks from 4 years ago are all doing fine.

an ipod is a tiny, portable device. come on.

my windows computer is basically like living in hell a lot of the time. it cannot do basic tasks.
lately the new thing is that it opens a million programs when I turn it on, and when I tell it not to open them, it says I need to be the Administrator to do that. I am the administrator.
I don't get at this point the complaining that is like... everyone says your ipod will only last two years, and then I bought one, and it only lasted two years.

also: microsoft can't have "planned hardware obsolescence" because microsoft does not make hardware. at least, not computer-bodies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:15 am »

My ipod lasted approximately 18 months...before I lost it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:56 am »

zune
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: iPad
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 01:09:28 am »

zune

amen.  ive had mine for 11 months and im still trying to fill the rest of the 80g up.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 01:16:57 am »

no dude i don't have one i'm just presenting an example of hardware a la microsoft
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up