Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad  (Read 20471 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:29 am »

Also X-box360.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: iPad
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 02:36:37 am »

no dude i don't have one i'm just presenting an example of hardware a la microsoft

so im not allowed to brag?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 02:38:58 am »

I guess when it comes to hardware, it's maybe okay for an iphone to crap out after a few months of usage since this is normal for pretty much all cell phones.  Has more serious business-person stuff like the blackberry tended to last longer?  I don't know.  But if it has that doesn't matter since the iphone's main customer base is the clueless consumer.  

As for computers, historically on average Apple computers have had useful lifetimes much much greater than PCs.

Currently, the Average Mac desktop and laptop costs $1000 more than the average PC desktop and laptop, but consumers on average replace PCs so much more often that it's kind of a wash.

Windows XP pro seems to work okay in my experience... It's pretty crappy overall, but at least it's kind of a consistent and stable sort of crappy.  *evidence of criminal activity removed on the advice of my lawyer* What the hell am I supposed to do with those? And what do I do when I run out of space to bury the bodies that I already have collected in barrels?  I've never used Vista, but I understand that it was total crap, compared to XP.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:22:23 am by Thomas Pain »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: iPad
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2010, 02:56:25 am »

Ain't a thing my girlfriend can't figure out how to break, this is a good point.

I just don't like how Macs condescend to me, I guess is what it comes down to.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2010, 03:55:36 am »

so im not allowed to brag?

not about a zune
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: iPad
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:04 am »

Thank you, Choop, for the biggest chuckle I've had in a week.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:29 pm »

amen.  ive had mine for 11 months and im still trying to fill the rest of the 80g up.
Well, wouldn't that be the case for any high capacity player?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

and how about automobiles, huh.  What is up with them?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »

i know right they should work even when they're not put together
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »

pfffff
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: iPad
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2010, 03:48:11 am »

Quote
Well, wouldn't that be the case for any high capacity player?
yeah, I was kind of thinking... I've had my 80gb iPod for a few years, and it's been full since the day I bought it! (?....!....?...?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2010, 04:08:49 am »

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2010, 04:38:56 am »

I have to admit the idea of this thing is kind of growing on me. I've been considering getting a netbook for uni for a while, mainly for reading pdf notes and so on and this would actually work pretty well for that. I'd like to see more of the input (or any really, I haven't seen any of it) to see how easy it would be to use for short note taking.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2010, 05:34:35 am »

I have to admit the idea of this thing is kind of growing on me. I've been considering getting a netbook for uni for a while, mainly for reading pdf notes and so on and this would actually work pretty well for that. I'd like to see more of the input (or any really, I haven't seen any of it) to see how easy it would be to use for short note taking.
Doc, as a friend I have to warn you against this machine. Every single product launch of apple has resulted with a second version that is cheaper and more functional. (I was an apple dude until I bought a PC for intensive modeling which is amazingly fast for like 1/3 the price of the mac I wanted.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: iPad
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2010, 05:42:55 am »

Yeah, even if you are into the Apple thing, being an early adopter of Apple's current Next Big Thing is an invitation to the blues.

Because they sell the cache of their name and the newness of their premises, they get to sell their first models at prices way above what outside competition would bring their prices eventually down because... no one has had the time to figure out how to make the dang ol' thing in a cheaper more-efficient less-douchey way yet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up