Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382232 times)

0 Members and 63 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #615 on: November 01, 2010, 06:29:19 pm »

it was definitely you, Miles, as I remember that person saying it was their favorite album. I kind of thought it was you, I just wanted confirmation.

Anyway, canned, canned, a thousand times canned.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #616 on: November 01, 2010, 07:16:05 pm »

Hey man, just happy to spread the love.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #617 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:05 pm »

get a room
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #618 on: November 01, 2010, 11:03:28 pm »

Has anyone listened to Elliot Smith "New Moon"? I have all the other stuff (as a good Portlandroid) but I don't have this. And really, do I need more terribly depressing music?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #619 on: November 01, 2010, 11:08:49 pm »

It's a little inconsistent but the good is really really good, 'Bu.

And all the best music is terribly depressing, that's the whole point of music!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #620 on: November 01, 2010, 11:29:51 pm »

Sure. Was it here I talked about the concept of an Eels-Elliot Smith collaboration?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #621 on: November 02, 2010, 03:03:12 am »

Women broke up and I am sad. I really like them. They are the band who I cited as saying "make it sound shittier. Make it sound like it was recorded on a boom box."

Maybe they didn't break up? Also, that seems like some Nathan Williams bullshit.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #622 on: November 05, 2010, 04:57:24 am »

Spacehog Resident Alien.  It's really one of my favorite albums ever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #623 on: November 05, 2010, 07:25:35 am »

Oh man that song.

So good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #624 on: November 05, 2010, 02:00:09 pm »

Spacehog Resident Alien.  It's really one of my favorite albums ever.

It's sad that most people consider them a one-hit wonder. Of course I have no idea if they have any other albums.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #625 on: November 05, 2010, 02:01:23 pm »

It's sad that most people consider them a one-hit wonder. Of course I have no idea if they have any other albums.

That tends to happen when you only have one hit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #626 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:25 pm »

That tends to happen when you only have one hit.

OK, what I meant was, most people think of them as "they only had one song on the radio, so it's not worth my time to investigate them further and I'll never hear the rest of their album."
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #627 on: November 05, 2010, 02:21:44 pm »

OK, what I meant was, most people think of them as "they only had one song on the radio, so it's not worth my time to investigate them further and I'll never hear the rest of their album."

Indeed, it drives me nuts to hear a band that I know was really solid described as a one-hit wonder.  Ever hear Big Country's entire first record?  Or any of their other albums? They freakin' rocked. Yet they will always appear on VH1's One-Hit Wonder shows.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #628 on: November 05, 2010, 02:22:53 pm »

It's sad that most people consider them a one-hit wonder. Of course I have no idea if they have any other albums.
But . . . but . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #629 on: November 05, 2010, 02:33:24 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 190   Go Up