I think I have a new favorite voice.Maybe I just have a thing for girls with southern accents. But holy hell can this lady sing, and this was the first song she ever wrote.
But seriously, listening to country artists from Hank Williams and Jimmie Rodgers to Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson... there is just something about the way they sing that constantly astonishes me. Even just on a level of
I would never say "man" like "ma-haing" the way she does.
Also, I love the way you can hear that jazzy 20's influence in Jimmy Rodgers's music.
Like, oh man, this is where pop music comes from.There is something about the way they sing that makes me notice their awesome lyrics.
"T for texas, T for tennessee... T for Thelma, the girl who made a fool out of me."
"But the man I love, when he picks up trash
He puts it in a garbage can
And that's what a you look like to me
And what I see's a pity
You'd better close your face
And stay out of my way
If you don't wanna go to fist city"
"If your house catches fire
And there ain't no water around.
If your house catches fire
And there ain't no water around,
Throw my suitcase out the window
Let the house burn on down."