Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381398 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1005 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:01 am »

Big Star.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1006 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:38 am »

Cut Copy rocked Summerfest.  Are there any fans here?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1007 on: June 09, 2011, 06:50:14 am »

Live Fast, Die Young Mozart
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1008 on: June 09, 2011, 01:46:30 pm »

I didn't realize that was a Mozart song.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1009 on: June 09, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »

That was the name of a mixdisc that Keith curated a couple of years ago.  Brilliant.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1010 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:20 pm »

The mix or the name?  I stand by the name, I looked up the mix and don't stand by it quite so much.  I mean, I was actually surprised at how many of those songs I still love/listen to all the time, but where is the continuity/you know, good order for a mix?

Also, I have been listening to the best mix of all time for the past 2 days.  It is the Trip curated by Jarvis Cocker.  http://www.amazon.com/Trip-currated-Jarvis-Cocker-Mackey/dp/B000B8TO9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307635165&sr=8-1

The first 8 songs on the second disc are fuck*ng classic.  Here are a few:

Jet Boy, Jet Girl- Elton Motello- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAXvTvO0TI

Wop Doowop- Electronicat- http://www.mediafire.com/?zzyimton1g1  (it is crucial you download this song if you like music)

In Zaire- Johnny Wakelin- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbYwBy7BbXE

Anonymous Face- Quix*O*Tic- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=970CL4BIMU4

Egyptian Reggae- Jonathan Richman- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7WG6tCbrw  (this might actually be on my old mix, it is a great song)

Flashing Lights- Screaming Lord Sutch and His Heavy Friends- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLwMm--hL4  (I think on this song his heavy friends include John Bonham and Jimmy Page)

Alright, well that is it.  Download that electronicat song, I'm tellin ya.

Oh, actually, another classic I discovered through this record- The Birthday Party- Release the Bats- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8pECW3UHs (yes, that is a young Nick Cave.)

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1011 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »

Both.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1012 on: June 10, 2011, 09:21:46 pm »

Because of another thread, I am rocking Queen all day today. The greatest lyric in history: "You call me sweet like I'm some kind of cheese".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1013 on: June 11, 2011, 12:36:04 am »

Dudes making a balaphone rock out. Grey Matter

Hey, I just cross posted this.  Ha!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1014 on: June 11, 2011, 02:04:01 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1015 on: June 13, 2011, 04:22:22 am »

Cass McCombs, I Cannot Lie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eDFU9XlHuI
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1016 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »

I am apparently spending the morning on YouTube finding great Oingo Boingo songs I've never heard. Instead of getting any work done. Ash, this is all your fault.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1017 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:30 pm »

I'm happy for my part in it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1018 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »

I hope you're also pleased that I bought another of their albums from Amazon and then spent half an hour unsuccessfully trying to download it to an mp3 player. The computer kept saying it had downloaded it to one and it hadn't, and then it wouldn't even recognize the other device. GRRR.

I guess this goes along with watching the videos of their concerts and bemoaning the fact that I didn't know who they were when I could have gone to their concerts. This is a doomed love, clearly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1019 on: June 13, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »

That I'm not happy about. That thing about missing your chance with the concerts, though - I know about that. I left Boise in '96, which was just after Built to Spill recorded their first two albums. I could have seen them wherever for like nothing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 190   Go Up