Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 382027 times)

0 Members and 62 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1485 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »

Fiona Apple and Elvis Costello, "I Want You".

If you listen to that and it isn't a thing, you are probably a robot.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:22:33 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1486 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:31 pm »

Lots of Nas and Raekwon. Trying to get someone to recommend me some blogs to read to learn about modern hip hop. I think I am supposed to listen to Mix Tapes? What is the good mix tape right now?

I don't read any rap blogs (or any music blogs, really) but I remember one time I found some leaked track or something and in the comments on that page someone asked if it was found on Nah Right. The person who uploaded the track was all, "what's Nah Right?" But I guess it's a blog to read to learn about modern hip hop?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1487 on: February 22, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »

miles, are you really George Lucas?

(tcodp for first to get this.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1488 on: February 22, 2012, 05:24:45 pm »

THX 1138, as in the number of cans miles has.

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1489 on: February 22, 2012, 05:41:18 pm »

THX 1138, as in the number of cans miles has.



I forgot about you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1490 on: February 22, 2012, 05:54:34 pm »

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothin comes out when they move their lips
Just a buncha gibberish
And muthafuckas act like they forgot about Jaded Tersk
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1491 on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »

Fair enough.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1492 on: February 22, 2012, 07:52:31 pm »

To Bryan Adams. I'll give you a hint: you should not be proud of your career.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1493 on: February 22, 2012, 07:55:11 pm »

*I'm always surprised to forget and then remember how beautiful she is.

It's the bald head that throws me off.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1494 on: February 22, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »

The Little Guitar Army.

A whole phalanx of guitars could be interesting if done right.  But a whole phalanx of guitars playing exactly the same notes is not that.

They should try something like this so all of those guitars have something to do.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1495 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:22 pm »

the fox(live)-nickelcreek

I enjoy Nicklecreek, but they always leave me a little cold.  They're just so precise. I don't know.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1496 on: February 22, 2012, 08:45:54 pm »

One dude covers Bohemian Rhapsody.  Apparently he's the guitar player for BOC.

Oh look, there's another one.  He's actually a better singer, but the other version is better.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1497 on: February 22, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »

It's the bald head that throws me off.
Supposedly that's why she did it.  She knew she could make it on looks alone, but didn't want to.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1498 on: February 23, 2012, 03:50:14 am »

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothin comes out when they move their lips
Just a buncha gibberish
And muthafuckas act like they forgot about Jaded Tersk

Beautifully played, sir.

I fuck*ng love that album, too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1499 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:32 am »

It's the bald head that throws me off.

She can pull it off, though.

I enjoy Nicklecreek, but they always leave me a little cold.  They're just so precise. I don't know.

I get that. It gots to be a little dirty.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 190   Go Up