Found the craziest YT of Thin Lizzy from The Old Gray Whistle Test today. Gary Moore sang half of the song, and it had Cozy Powell on drums (I was pretty sure no one but Brian Downey had ever played drums for them).
Holy fuck just this moment on my quick scavenger hunt to find out when Brian was out of the band (it's going to take me a bit - no evidence so far) I came across
this little bit of news, indicating that 700 (seven-Christing-hundred!) unreleased songs by Thin Lizzy have just recently been discovered, and there's at least a boxed set coming out at some point.
A) would not have found out about this - at least not this evening - without you folks, so thanks all for the inspiration.
B) this is like . . . Hmm . . . Wombles and Ash finding out that there's piles of unreleased Oingo Boingo that's been discovered and is coming out? I don't know. For me the real only comparison would be Marvin or early-70s era Stevie (there might be some of that, actually).
C) some of it is almost certainly crap, and I know and don't care. I have some horrendous BL Thin Lizzy and I can listen to it all day long. They're probably the only band I feel that way about (I don't like bad Hendrix or Jack White, for instance).
D) some of the stuff that I already have could have made it onto albums, and it would be nice to see if there are cuts that are more polished.
E) not certain how it works, but if they release 50 tracks in a set, the other 650 will be out there somewhere, I'll wager.
I am more shocked by this news than by the news that the Chargers took Whitehurst back and cut Volek!