Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380141 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1665 on: April 04, 2012, 04:39:08 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1666 on: April 04, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1667 on: April 04, 2012, 04:57:01 pm »

you think i aint worth a dollar but i feel like a millionaire(live)-queens of the stone age

a rad driving tune

also, i just really dig the hell out of their hard/heavy/gloomy powerpop sounds, in general.

I'm  a fan.  I love anything with Dave Grohl on drums.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1668 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »

I really like QOTSA, but Josh Homme is a total douche. Watch this video where he berates this kid who throws a sock on stage.

Josh Homme may be a douche, but not in this case.  Dude's trying to entertain and some jerk throws something at him.  Fuck that guy for thinking he has the right to do that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1669 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:49 am »

Josh Homme may be a douche, but not in this case.  Dude's trying to entertain and some jerk throws something at him.  Fuck that guy for thinking he has the right to do that.

Did you listen to the rant? I'm not defending the kid, but jesus.

Also, that wasn't very rock n roll of him either. I remember when bands used to throw stuff back at the audience.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1670 on: April 05, 2012, 02:02:01 am »

Did you listen to the rant? I'm not defending the kid, but jesus.

Yeah, he might have overreacted, but he was trying to make a point.

Also, that wasn't very rock n roll of him either. I remember when bands used to throw stuff back at the audience.

I remember when people went to concerts to listen to music being played.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1671 on: April 05, 2012, 03:01:37 am »

Something wonderful happened.  I lost interest in Bjork for a long time.  Tonight I felt in the mood to listen to Volta.  I suddenly remembered that I love her music. Yay!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1672 on: April 05, 2012, 04:59:54 am »

Mission of Burma were pretty great. The new songs are boring, the old songs still rock. My ears are ringing and my throat is sore from singing along so I guess it was a good show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1673 on: April 05, 2012, 09:31:40 am »

I've been trying to think of music from the 80s that I really really like.  So far what I've been able to come up with is Metallica and the Replacements.  Although, I don't think I heard the Replacements at all until the 90s and I barely heard Metallica either until the 90s.  There's Dio era Sabbath which is fuck*ng awesome, but Sabbath also gave us Eternal Idol and Headless Cross in the 80s so, you know, it's a mixed bag.  I like Motley Crue and Tom Petty, they're pretty rad, but really, if that's the best the 80s had to offer... In retrospect I like most of what Neil Young did in the 80s, but at the time I thought he was losing it.

Edit:  Weird Al!  Okay, the 80s have been redeemed.  

Edit 2: I just sorted my iTunes by year and looked at what I have from the 80s.  Okay, my argument falls apart completely.  There is a shit ton of awesome music in there from the 80s. But to be fair to myself, there's a lot of it that I was either not cool enough to listen to at the time or had never heard of.

Seriously though, the 80s gave us Stevie Nicks and Phil Collins.  Fuck that decade.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:54:12 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1674 on: April 05, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1675 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »

Can't seem to get this song out of my head.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:13:24 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1676 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »

Cool song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1677 on: April 05, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »

Hey Deja, Tobacco basically is Black Moth Super Rainbow.  I don't know if you know that.

Also, I have been getting my country rock on hard with Sir Doug.

Lawd, I'm Just a Country Boy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJtwfAT6dw

She's About a Mover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcmEUvdBl4

Bad lip singing of Mendocino: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_KeqmdiQoY

Unfortunately And It Didn't Even Bring Me Down ain't on the youtubes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1678 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:27 pm »

Oh crackers!

getitoutofmyheadturnitoffmakeitGOAWAY!

Have I shared this nugget here before? This is my Charlie Sheen earworm.  "Win here, win there, win, win everywhere!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1679 on: April 06, 2012, 01:08:40 am »

Those are the same guys that do Autotune the news.  They've branched out, apparently.

I love love love the Back it Up song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 190   Go Up