Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379785 times)

0 Members and 55 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1695 on: April 18, 2012, 01:13:06 am »

That sucks. He did a good job on that Wall deal in Berlin.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1696 on: April 18, 2012, 02:32:36 am »

I totally understand why people don't like Fugazi. They are often noisy and shouty and even a little bit punk. If that ain't your thing then you're not going to like them.

But you may want to check out their last album The Argument, which has to be their least noisy and shouty. An example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrCZJgwoh4

I will try that. I feel like there are some things I have liked in my life that are a little bit punk, but maybe I am kidding myself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1697 on: April 18, 2012, 02:58:35 am »

If'n anyone cares, here's a free Pixies EP download from Coachella '04 (alas, signup required).

I was there! Best weekend ever.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1698 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

The Band.  Just learned that Levon Helm is in the final stages of cancer.

No. No.  No.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1699 on: April 18, 2012, 03:24:54 pm »

Ok, now everybody is bummed out . . . so let's keep it going. I don't listen to either of these bands, but what's the difference between Insane Clown Posse and Kottonmouth Kings? Is it just that ICP really sucks? Props to Kottonmouth Kings for not diluting their message, as far as my tiny bit of research seems to show.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1700 on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:22 am »

i cant decide-scissor sisters

fyi- its one of those annoying song lyric videos, so just minimize the window and listen.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1701 on: April 19, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »

We saw the Scissor Sisters on the tour for that first album. Great show. Of course, I didn't get to meet Ana Matronic (unlike some extremely fortunate people I could mention).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1702 on: April 19, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »

We saw the Scissor Sisters on the tour for that first album. Great show. Of course, I didn't get to meet Ana Matronic (unlike some extremely fortunate people I could mention).

Whoo Hoo!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1703 on: April 19, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »

Remember how I didn't mention it was you? Thanks for rubbing it in.

And she's from Portland! (Next time you see her tell her I have an awful crush on her.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1704 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. And I will.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1705 on: April 19, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

And again, I love the dude in the background thinking to himself "I wish I had game like that cat".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1706 on: April 20, 2012, 02:15:27 am »

The Band.  Just learned that Levon Helm is in the final stages of cancer.

Godamn it
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1707 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:40 am »

This will probably be on repeat all night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VShpcqd3zE
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1708 on: April 20, 2012, 02:40:56 am »

Another article about Levon.

Quote
In his 1993 memoir, “This Wheel’s on Fire,” written with Stephen Davis, Helm disclosed that “The Last Waltz” crystallized what had long bothered him about The Band: the image of guitarist Robertson as leader and star, rather than as part of a collaborative team.

“For two hours we watched as the camera focused almost exclusively on Robbie Robertson, long and loving close-ups of his heavily made-up face and expensive haircut,” Helm wrote, describing his first screening of the documentary. “The film was edited so it looked like Robbie was conducting the band with expansive waves of his guitar neck.”

Responding to Helm’s criticism, Robertson told the Los Angeles Times: “I never wanted to be the boss, and in fact I never thought I was the boss. I was just trying to organize things so we could do things like make records and go out and play a show somewhere.”

I really like The Last Waltz, but when I saw it in the theaters several years ago after a remaster or something, this was exactly what bugged me about it. Not to mention Robbie's rock star faces and poses. Even in Levon's shining moment, it opens with this bullshit. Don't get me wrong though, I love the guy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1709 on: April 20, 2012, 05:57:46 am »

Miles, I'm not sure where you are coming from with this.  What you are calling Helm's "Shining moment" is also Robertson's shining moment. Don't forget that he wrote the song. I think it's actually a credit to Robertson that he shared so much of the limelight with his bandmates when he was clearly the leader of the group.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 190   Go Up