Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381530 times)

0 Members and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1845 on: July 05, 2012, 08:54:50 pm »

My roommates' band, the one I posted on here before, had a friend with recording/mixing experience work on their tapes. Holy shit, they sound like a real band now. Their new songs are also getting better and better. It is a weird thing to realize you are humming your friend's guitar solo at work.

The last week of the month I am moving into a new place. We will occupy both floors of a two-flat house. More importantly: we have the makings of several awesome bands. And a basement. I am so excited. Everyone will know how mediocre I am at guitar now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1846 on: July 06, 2012, 06:07:47 pm »

the wind-zach brown band

video by mike judge!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1847 on: July 06, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »

Oh hey, I know those guys.

I wish they had done the newer song that I really love.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1848 on: July 07, 2012, 02:26:20 am »

I liked that a lot. Tell them to do more stuff.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1849 on: July 09, 2012, 05:10:36 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1850 on: July 09, 2012, 06:34:50 am »

http://allah-las.bandcamp.com/

When I saw the title I thought it might be a cover of Information Society.  Despite my subsequent disappointment, I liked the song, and the name of the band is brilliant.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1851 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:04 am »

I just linked to their band camp, I actually meant to link here: http://allah-las.bandcamp.com/album/catamaran-b-w-long-journey

That song is their best.  And yes, sweet name.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:29:31 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1852 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:39 pm »

Hatred for Justin Bieber runs deep.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1853 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »

sexual violence is so funny.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1854 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:44 am »

Justin Bieber is cool. He's not really my thing, but his music doesn't offend me. That video was pretty terrible though. I'd much rather listen to Justin Bieber, or even this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1855 on: July 11, 2012, 12:42:11 am »

the only people that should take justin beiber so serious are his fans.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1856 on: July 11, 2012, 01:04:57 am »

the only people that should take justin beiber so serious are his fans.

The same guy subsequently released an apology video. Lulz abound.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1858 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:26 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1859 on: July 13, 2012, 01:31:41 pm »

why can't i stop watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv8URilkuqg
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 190   Go Up