Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 381292 times)

0 Members and 63 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1890 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:15 am »

Oh man, it is so much more fun with drums.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1891 on: August 28, 2012, 06:28:06 am »

We have drums, but no one really knows how to play them. One of my roommates plays in a band and knows basic punk/garage type beats, but he is never around when we want to play. Also, we need to put some pillows in them or something, because listening to someone trying to learn drums at full volume is PAINFUL. And of course, the only guy in the house who doesn't play an instrument lives right above the basement and is tortured by our horrible Talking Heads covers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1892 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35:33 am »

Well yeah, I mean it is so much more fun with drums and a good drummer.  Drums themselves just sit there.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1893 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:54 pm »

A nice set of drum pads is a fine practice vehicle.  Plus it is so awesome to actually hit real drums once you've got the rhythms and you're used to the whappa whappa whappa of pads.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1894 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:47 pm »

Oh man, it is so much more fun with drums.

Yes, this.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1895 on: August 28, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »

I am pretty obsessed with The Civil Wars right now.  So good.

Tip of My Tounge
Poison & Wine
My Father's Father
& a lovely cover of Billie Jean

This duo is the living embodyment of on-stage chemistry.  IRL they are both married... to other people.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1896 on: August 28, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

ho hey-the lumineers
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1897 on: August 28, 2012, 10:55:13 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1898 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »

snudge-night panther

a nu-disco duo from philly.  this song is rad for shaking your ass to.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1899 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »

Those Germans do so love their Flying V's.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1900 on: September 13, 2012, 11:16:46 pm »

Brother Rudy loves 'em too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1901 on: September 15, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

Getting my ears ready for the Axiom 25th Reunion Show. Hey Ash, have you ever heard Houston Legends Dead hoss?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1902 on: September 19, 2012, 08:21:08 pm »

Hey, I remember Dead hoss from back in the Fender Days! Only semi my scene at the time so I'm only passingly acquainted.

I would encourage you to take the time to become better acquainted with them. They play thrash metal, but to my ears are cut from a slightly different cloth. I like 'em.

They have two albums available on Amazon for cheap.

Also, slightly unrelated, the lead singer played the Frank Black role in Bluefinger.

PS- I have no idea what Fender Days means.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:26:16 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1903 on: September 19, 2012, 08:32:34 pm »

because of a makeout mixtape i have been becoming interested in triphop.

all mine(live)-portishead
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1904 on: September 21, 2012, 03:55:34 am »

The other night my new roommate and I played a fun game. We shared a bottle of booze and alternated playing tracks on our stereo and talking about why we liked them. The exact rule was "songs that blew your mind when you heard them."

The main thing I rediscovered were these guys. Holy shit, the weird recording errors on this album are better than things most people do on purpose. I can never get into their other, well-recorded albums, because what I get out of this band is that they make weirdo rock textures that no one else does.

Other than that: Still on Ol' Dirty Bastard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 190   Go Up