Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380793 times)

0 Members and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2145 on: August 11, 2013, 05:31:28 pm »

antelope ceremony-tomahawk

i have a half chub for mike patton.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2146 on: August 11, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

If I could be lead singer for a Fantomas cover band, I totally would jump at that in a second.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2147 on: August 19, 2013, 04:17:12 am »

Does music convey emotion or just cause emotional responses in people or is that the same thing?

Edit:and this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2l-V6KygkFU ...I'm assuming that is right, can only watch the single version on my phone.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:25:30 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2148 on: August 23, 2013, 11:37:17 am »

For some reason I've been listening to a lot of neo-80's stuff like

Infinite Quazar - Palmtree www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXPlyzrT_Y

http://fortune500.bandcamp.com/album/grand-prix

Guess I'm just craving some easy synths as soundtrack for a dull workday.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2149 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

Man, the B-52's are bizarre!

Unrelated, but related to my Burning Man post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMgwAE1oxdU

I have this on cd- there are three cds and it is fantastic- I think this is the first cd- best Woody collection- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUiVRIuCOCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqedFPZVbg
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2150 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »

Does music convey emotion or just cause emotional responses in people or is that the same thing?
Edit:and this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2l-V6KygkFU ...I'm assuming that is right, can only watch the single version on my phone.
I would say it communicates emotion.  The composer knows what the sounds mean to him/her and makes the sounds with the goal of expressing those feelings to the audience.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2151 on: September 06, 2013, 11:30:32 pm »

Do you all have those songs you listen to and everytime you do you just think, man, why do I ever listen to anything else? 

Some of my examples are natural one- folk implosion, barbarism begins at home- the smiths, any hank williams song not by luke the drifter, suicide- spacemen 3 and gates of eden and it's alright ma (I'm only bleeding)- bobby d.

Oh also, the tracks between maggies farm and tambourine man on bob dylans bringing it all back home are the best 4 songs ever next to each other on an album maybe? 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2152 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »

Tangled up in Blue, Me & Bobby McGee, Run to the Hills, Victim of Changes, Come Out and Play, What It's Like, This is the New Shit....so many.  All of those at one time or another have brought tears to my eyes or sent chills down my spine.  Hell, so has Detroit - Rock City and Toy Soldiers.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:01:21 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2154 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:50 am »

i haven't heard the miley cyrus song, but i like that cover.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2155 on: September 19, 2013, 01:10:50 am »

With Marshall Tucker it can't be wrong.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2156 on: September 19, 2013, 07:36:29 pm »

Rediscovering The Bends.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2158 on: September 20, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »

1 - The excellent eletrocheesy soundtrack for the anime Cyber City Oedo 808. It's like making saxofone sex to a neon woman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3uUBhoeGqk

2 - This album by Flying Lotus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rmFTc51Zk0

3 - This piece by Schubert (excelent to listen to before going out of the house to, say, punch hell of suckers in the mouth and tell chicks straight up that you like them) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEq1MA8m8Q
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2159 on: September 20, 2013, 06:09:09 pm »

blugrass-y/pop-roots-rock/country/whatever cover of that new miley cyrus song

not bad

I don't exactly know why, but I really can't stand ironic bluegrass covers of pop songs.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 190   Go Up