Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379266 times)

0 Members and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2190 on: October 30, 2013, 06:24:22 am »

That not-Johnny-Marr guitar is making me sad. Is most basic arpeggios.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2191 on: October 30, 2013, 09:28:32 am »

The piano chords that start at about :23 remind me of Chicago's Saturday in the Park.

Yeah, I can hear that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2192 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »

I'm feeling in a romantic mood.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2193 on: October 31, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

I just discovered The Gaslight Anthem. (I know -- I am way out of the loop.) It's the first new ("new") band I've listened to in a number of years where I'm like, "Yeah, I'ma go ahead and buy this whole album." Yay me?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2194 on: October 31, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »

Yay indeed. Those guys are awesome.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2195 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:53 pm »

I just discovered The Gaslight Anthem. (I know -- I am way out of the loop.) It's the first new ("new") band I've listened to in a number of years where I'm like, "Yeah, I'ma go ahead and buy this whole album." Yay me?

When I went to check them out I got apprehensive because the ad that preceded it was for 30 Seconds to Mars who sucks, right? Actually I don't really know because I've never actually heard them. I've been meaning to for quite a while actually because I wanted to provide context for this episode of First Dates where he quits the date before it begins because the date listens to 30 Seconds to Mars.

Update: Gaslight Anthem is okay. 30 Seconds to Mars is pretty lame.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2196 on: October 31, 2013, 10:48:02 pm »

When I went to check them out I got apprehensive because the ad that preceded it was for 30 Seconds to Mars who sucks, right? Actually I don't really know because I've never actually heard them.

WHY FIND OUT
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2197 on: November 05, 2013, 01:38:07 am »

Just going electronic for the moment. The kids are alright, yeah. People with a good sound system/headsets and... enhancements, gather round and munch:

GuMMy†Be▲R! - What Makes You Cry? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNxjLxCq_0

Oneohtrix Point Never - Power of Persuasion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqN3wKteg0Q&feature=share&list=ALGLx1orRGw4Vxo-cMv-y7BuIwNDTOQVY4

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiwi7d0f91Y&feature=share&list=ALGLx1orRGw4Vxo-cMv-y7BuIwNDTOQVY4

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2198 on: November 05, 2013, 02:40:15 am »

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica:

Hey, I know that one. It shows up on the 2011 Fluxblog Survey Mix.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2199 on: November 06, 2013, 07:19:51 am »

The other night the radio was on and tuned to the local jazz station. I normally don't listen to it because they play some really annoying shit, but before I changed it I heard this Tony Bennett duet. I didn't recognize the female vocalist and was surprised to learn it was Lady Gaga. Maybe because I'm not familiar with her work I've thought of her as a Madonna style entertainer. So basically not a great vocalist. But she sounded really good. I looked for some live performances just to confirm it, and yeah, I'm not an expert or anything, but I think she's a great vocalist.

Just me?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2200 on: November 06, 2013, 08:03:51 am »

Just me?

I like her. She writes her own songs too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2201 on: November 06, 2013, 03:35:29 pm »

Here's a video from when she was still Stefani Germanotta and just sang and played the piano.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2202 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:35 pm »

This song came up while listening to Fluxblog 2009 Survey finally for the first time and instantly recognized it. It took me a couple of minutes to realize it was the theme song to Portlandia. Pretty cool chilled out vibe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2203 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »

I love that song. Oh man. Great tune.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2204 on: November 12, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »

Today, on repeat:

Johnny Bristol - I Wouldn't Change A Thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbgr9cP-keg

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 190   Go Up