Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380780 times)

0 Members and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2670 on: March 26, 2016, 03:26:58 am »

I have walked across it, more than once.

A few years before I went there for work, I was visiting family in Columbus and we drove down to catch a Red's game. We parked in Covington and walked across the bridge to the ballpark.

I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge once, too.

That Roebling fella designed a couple pretty decent bridges, you ask me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2671 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »

Saw this headline: Andrew W.K. Organizes His Own Political Party

I thought, huh, wonder if he calls it the Party Party.

Yup.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2672 on: April 01, 2016, 05:20:17 am »

Saw this headline: Andrew W.K. Organizes His Own Political Party

I thought, huh, wonder if he calls it the Party Party.

Yup.

What else?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2673 on: April 01, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »

The Party Harder Party? The I Get Wet Party? That pretty much exhausts my Andrew W.K. knowledge.

But yeah, the Party Party was the only real option.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2674 on: April 03, 2016, 04:20:33 am »

I am vastly amused at how quickly this movement has been filed and categorized as well.

It's not on there. Maybe it was too frivolous to make the list.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2675 on: April 04, 2016, 12:22:50 am »

It's been a long time since I posted a Japanese music video and since someone beat me to Babymetal, how about this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2676 on: April 04, 2016, 05:09:48 am »

It's been a long time since I posted a Japanese music video and since someone beat me to Babymetal, how about this one.

Fun song!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2677 on: April 08, 2016, 11:32:26 pm »

Walked to a record store after work and got the new Parquet Courts. It's maybe their catchiest/most straightforward album yet. Very good. I also got a little band photo and a button.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2678 on: April 09, 2016, 12:42:16 am »

Oh man, it is the only thing they've done I don't like!  But that doesn't mean it isn't their catchiest or most straight forward.  Berlin got blurry is cool?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2679 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:10 am »

I'm pretty sure I listened to this album 6 times this weekend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2680 on: April 18, 2016, 09:32:27 pm »

The first two Weezer albums are so good. Being in a band like this seems very fun. Maybe wherever I move I can start a fuzzy power pop band.

I would want to cover Across the Sea because it's so damn catchy, but I do not know if I have the cojones to sing about "licking and sniffing" a fan letter from an 18 year old.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2681 on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:09 am »

I keep returning to Queen II lately. Particularly March of the Black Queen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2682 on: April 21, 2016, 10:24:08 pm »

How do I have 3 obscure versions of Ain't no Sunshine in my iTunes library, but not the original? Is that even possible. I don't think Wynonna Judd or Paul McCartney is gonna scratch that particular itch. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, definitely not.

Harvest and After the Gold Rush are both in high demand in my brain.

I'm still kinda in denial about Prince, but I reckon I'll be listening to him a bunch later.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2683 on: April 26, 2016, 10:54:50 am »

Purple Rain. Sick and tired of this. (not the album)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2684 on: April 29, 2016, 05:07:20 am »

Dammit feels, dammit.

Would love to hear a good recording of that. Which I guess is what's on that live album you showed a photo of.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 190   Go Up