Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell us these things for amusement  (Read 11951 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Tell us these things for amusement
« on: February 05, 2010, 01:53:57 pm »

Have a shufty through your post history and tell us some interesting stuff possibly including:

How did you find the board: Google. I was 15 and a virgin to message boards and was scarily excited as at the time I fuck*ng loved Achewood.

First post: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2549.msg56104.html#msg56104. Next post was MisterQ abusing me and the other noobs.

First non-Achewood strip thread started: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2560.msg56346.html#msg56346 Embarrassing.

First avatar: An endlessly annoying home-made gif of David Byrne dancing during Life During Wartime. Sadly lost to the internet.

Stalker moment: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4370.msg117477.html#msg117477 Sorry Carlos

Best moment: Also lost to the internet but I was extremely proud of the gif I made of Teodor sucking Ray off

Lowest moment: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3048.0.html So many but trying far too hard to be a funny child among adults and getting can bullied for it by Bobby, which in hindsight was an extremely good thing. Cans really mattered in those halycon days. I never wrote Achewood fanfic ever again and look at me now
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:54:45 pm »

Thank you Judy for the trip down memory lane.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 05:06:53 pm »

Mine are boring.

How did you find the board: Jough and I made it. From the sweat of our brow. Not in exactly the way babies are made, but close. (I miss him.)

First post: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2.msg3.html#msg3

First non-Achewood strip thread started: see above.

First avatar: The same one I use now. At this point, I'm afraid to change it -- nobody but Ash would recognize me.

Stalker moment: Every interaction I have had with Judy, ever.

Lowest moment: my short-lived attempt at writing a Ray's Place style humorous advice column. It was horrible.

Best moment: All of them. <3
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 05:32:26 pm »

How did you find the board: I got in right at the tail end of the Dumbrella days just before Onstad slammed the door in our faces.  Fortunately we had a programmer in our midst that set up this board in near record time and posted a message on Dumbrella just in the nick of time.  I joined this board on the very first day.  I'm member number 12

First post: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2.msg40.html#msg40

First non-Achewood strip thread started: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5.msg42.html#msg42 (I was concerned about Merchandise sales back then apparently).

First avatar: The same as I use now.  I've changed it a few times through the years, but I always come back to that one.

Stalker moment: Oh I don't know.  I try not to be too stalkerish.  I don't have such a good memory - did I ever try to stalk any of you?  I want to  meet all y'all though and have done so a few times.

Lowest moment: Too many to count.

Best moment: Not a single moment, just being known as the picture guy, however many moments it took to establish that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:47:45 pm »


Lowest moment: I talked through a different hat for a little bit because late 2006 found me yelling at people too much. I had a lot to yell about, but not here and in a misplaced way.


I remember that. I also remember some of the shit that went down that year in your life that led to you yelling a lot. It was understandable.

It was was really nice when you came back under your old handle, and stuck.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:05:00 pm »

Yeah, but I've decided to heck with that AugustWest guy and carry a new avatar just to celebrate.

Not that I have to look at it.

heheheh

Just so long as you're prepared to take...

THE CONSEQUENCES.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:07:17 pm »

Who is that science guy? And where did Ash go?

Seriously, Ash, I have had dreams about meeting you, and in them you always look like your (former) avatar. Pointy hair and all. Do you really want to take that away from me?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 07:27:09 pm »

How did you find the board: I don't remember. Google more likely.

First post: here (it was also my first thread; that was the first account I used on this board. I had to throw it away because it got bloodily besmirched in an all-out fisticuff with, what, the whole board. I was dense(r) then).

First non-Achewood strip thread started: shit, hell if I can remember what to look for...

First avatar:

Stalker moment: I'm not much into that.

Lowest moment: The aforementioned fisticuffs.

Best moment: aw shucks
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:29:08 pm »

Ash actually ruined what would have been my best stalker moment, I guess, by coming up with an elaborate excuse for standing me up for our date for dinner when I was in California once.

I do recall that people were pretty impressed when I linked to a dog show entry for Onstad's dachshund, but I don't know if that counts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »


Lowest moment: I talked through a different hat for a little bit because late 2006 found me yelling at people too much. I had a lot to yell about, but not here and in a misplaced way.

I remember The Great War of Touamb. It was not anyone's proudest moment. One of the admins even made a thread just to make fun of me. That was back when I guess we embraced the idea of yelling ideas at each other on the internet.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:13:38 pm »

I don't remember a great war. I remember ACap and LFM having stupid arguments all the time, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:01 pm »

Oh, that "Great War".  Or as I prefer to remember it, "Smells kicks ass and takes names".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 12:52:41 am »

you mother bitching internet!  i had a post all ready to go and suddenly googlechrome couldnt find the server.  fuckityfuckfuckfuck!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 01:29:22 am »

How did you find the board:

google.  i joined about a month before i got laid off last year.  i was looking for an achewood-centered place to chill at that isnt assetbar(the myspace of achewood).  I like to go there, but what i like more is conversing with a smaller, less chaotic group.

First post:

i posted a youtube music video of super models using power tools and industrial equipment.


First non-Achewood strip thread started:

the pink box thread

First avatar:

a pic of a zombie lego mini-fig that i had found on the internet

Stalker moment:

i have a crush on jay-ell <-----------that

Best moment:

ive only been posting for 7 months.  give me some time.

Lowest moment:

see previous response
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 02:37:05 am »

Stalker moment:

i have a crush on jay-ell <-----------that

take a number, rook


i came over in the initial migration from dumbrella (i'm #40)

first post: i don't even know what that nonsense meant

first acheless thread: more nonsense, without "the" or "and"

first avatar: probably beef a la science

stalker moment: beers w/ alohadawg

best moment: maybe making the gif of teodor's head-toss dance

lowest moment: like all the rest
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up