Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: False Baseball for the New Generation  (Read 32832 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »

Yea on playoffs.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 01:57:08 pm »

I say "sure" to playoffs.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:36 pm »

I should clarify that I'm fine with either way, although I have a slight preference for plays off.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 03:36:16 pm »

Playoffs, sure.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »

Playoffs. Cause it makes me feel like I've accomplished something if I make 'em.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 05:13:15 pm »

Playoffs are a contrived abomination. The winner of this year will be the fake team that has acquired the most left handed midwesterners.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »

I'll set us up the playoffs.  We have the option of 4, 6 or 8 teams making the "post season."  I think the Top 4 should suffice for playoffs in a 10-team league.

Then I'll flick whatever switch is necessary to get us to draftin'.

In my mind it's a lever that sticks up from the floor, like the one Conan O'Brien pulled to activate a Walker, Texas Ranger clip.

Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 08:46:59 pm »

Our league status has been updated to "Ready to Draft."

Turns out it was much easier than I thought.  My hardhat and goggles were completely unnecessary.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »

Quote
Your auto draft will be completed between now and 11:59 PM PT on Tuesday, Apr 6.
So, possibly after 3 days of baseball? For shame, yahoo.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 01:49:00 pm »

Ah, but I have a roster this morning.

Roy Halladay AND Cole Hamels.  Awwwwwwwwww yeah.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:51 pm »

Musta run last night in that case.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 02:52:35 pm »

Wow I sure have a lot of players that I never heard of.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 03:11:51 pm »

Wow I sure have a lot of players that I never heard of.
Which team? I tweaked my draft preferences and my hitters seem inordinately stacked to me.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2010, 03:34:36 pm »

Yeah, claim your teams, people, so we know who we're playin'.  I'm Banana Town, obviously, Tommy Tiger = ash, and Obscure References = AW.  Who else?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »

My imaginary stat machines are the Sturdy Thighbones.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up