Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wednesday Night Cookery  (Read 16238 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2010, 05:56:49 am »

I made the greatest grilled cheese sandwich ever tonight.  It started with a really good sourdough bread painted with olive oil and placed on a hot griddle.  We wanted to do it on an actual grill, but it was raining (Hurricane Alex) so we kept it inside.  We topped it with a nice mild Cheddar, a firm Swiss, and smoked Gruyere.  To compliment the cheese we also added fresh basil, tomatoes, jalapeno wedges, salt and pepper to taste.  The Gruyere was the master stroke, so good.  Grilled each side for about 2 minutes and there you go.

I got the idea from watching this video.  I guess I still haven't had an "Actually Grilled Cheese" like I actually wanted, but it was still fuck*ng awesome.

I also grilled up some eggplant and tomatoes with a little onion and garlic.  Oh my god, the simplest things are the best!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Wednesday Night Cookery
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

Greenkoolayd, why does your cuisine prefer the rather flat tasting plantain over the sweet and delicious banana? Ive wondered this for a long time.

[[shrug]] it wasnt my idea.  i dig bananas a whole lot.  i just like platanos maduros as a treat.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up