1. my college roommate and I had an ongoing joke about The Time Traveler's Roommate.
"hey man, shit, sorry, here's my rent for last month."
"What? who are you? I'm seven!"
2. I've been on a Learning-About-Iran kick, and I am pretty fascinated. Watched some documentaries online, read 2 library books in record time. Empire of the Mind was good, but I am bad at remembering dynasties and stuff, so I don't know how much I retained. There were definitely some points where I felt like he was rattling off names of kings, but I guess you have to expect that with millenia of history in a 300 page book.
The Ayatollah Begs to Differ is good, but I have caught a few things that are wrong (based on the other book/wikipedia). Much more readable, though.
I am doing a thing I have not done in a long time, where every single thing anyone says to me makes me think of something about Iran. I don't think I realized how annoying this was when I was a kid. It's kind of nice to be so into something, though.