A guy from Rutgers got eaten by a bear this fall. This confirms my intense fear of bears. He ran and it chased him.
Actually, the aftermath of him dying confirmed exactly why I'm scared of them-- every conversation I heard about it mentioned how he just needed to (whatever) and he would have been fine. I think I have mentioned this before, but since I was a kid I've been freaked out by the feeling that all animals are completely unpredictable and could do something bad at any moment. Who knows, maybe if I'd seen a bear when I was camping I would have done "the right thing" and gotten eaten anyway. I can't watch those cute "look at this huge dog that's friends with a tiny duck" type videos because I feel absolute dread that at any moment the dog could just rip the duck in half, and knowing the Internet they would just post it without warning for lulz.
whew, that's intense, let's watch this
probably kind of freaked out pug.