Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Poll

Should I just go to the freaking Doctor already?

No, lingering suffering is amusing.
- 4 (26.7%)
Yes, gory medical stuff is amusing.
- 6 (40%)
Asherdan's death is even more amusing.
- 2 (13.3%)
Why not ask the inter-webs?
- 1 (6.7%)
re-cock-u-lous final whacky option!
- 2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 14, 2010, 04:41:05 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?  (Read 10635 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 09:17:04 pm »

Yup - 1978 representing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 09:35:33 pm »

Also in 1978: The first computer bulletin board.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 12:23:26 am »

Get off my lawn.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 02:15:39 am »

U. S. Mick Spirit of '76
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 07:25:22 am »

Haven't you guys heard?  Thirty is the new 21.  Forty is the new thirty.  Fifty is the new forty five, and seventy is the new sixty.  We're all good to go!
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 12:43:09 pm »

Haven't you guys heard?  Thirty is the new 21.  Forty is the new thirty.  Fifty is the new forty five, and seventy is the new sixty.  We're all good to go!
Is that what youre telling yourselves?






LOL
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 01:17:59 pm »

I really do not want to do 21 again. I mean, it was fine the first time, I guess, but things didn't really start getting good until about 24 or so.

Can 30 be the new 25? I could do 25 - 30 again.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 01:34:21 pm »

These posts remind me of the only rap musician I respect. He literally makes good credit fashionable and might make you old people feel hip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn4J6yyMKKo
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 02:06:27 pm »

Is that what youre telling yourselves?






LOL

Good thing you're never going to get any older.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 06:45:22 pm »

Oh man, I would never do my 20's again.  That was such a hard decade.  Good times.  Hard times.  Lots of things I'd never want to live through twice.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:59 pm »

Diverticulitis?   My mom got diagnosed with that a little while back.  Not really a disease - a condition.  Like baldness.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2010, 05:56:51 pm »

Diverticulitis?   My mom got diagnosed with that a little while back.  Not really a disease - a condition.  Like baldness.

Yup - that's the one.  Considering it's low on the "disease I have that require attention" I have basically forgotten about it, apart from eating an All Bran cereal bar most mornings for breakfast.

For those keeping score, diseases I have been diagnosed with and am currently dealing with on some level, in order of shittiness:

Osteoarthritis with nonspecific rheumatoid symptoms (in my lower back, hips, knees, right foot and jaw) - had it since I was 16.  Sucks.  I refuse to take pain meds though.
Hypothyroidism - also had it since I was sixteen.  I'm on coast with my meds these days, but when I crash, I crash hard.
Psoriasis - minor sporadic outbreaks.  Ugly, itchy, flaky.  Occasional affronts to my vanity.
Diverticulitis - occasional digestive issues, basically feels the same as when you eat too much pizza.

Plus I got depression (though not a problem lately!) and a back injury I've almost recovered from.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2010, 06:09:36 pm »

On a similar note, had to explain to the oldest the other day that the dogs laying turds the consistency of pumice stones did not mean they were dying of something odd. It meant he should have spaced out the ham shanks they got fed.
I'm frequently amazed by the digestive powers of my dog.  I gave her (30lb fluffy white American Eskimo, for those not keeping score) a big ol' hunk of pig bone (piece of pelvis or something) which she dragged behind the trash can and demolished in about 15min.  Nothing left.  I was sure it would last her at least a week of gnawing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2010, 07:29:37 pm »

Diverticulitis - occasional digestive issues, basically feels the same as when you eat too much pizza.

My grandboss got this hard 2 years ago. She can never eat nuts or seeds again.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Is Asherdan Being Stupid About This?
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:32 pm »

That must have been what my grandmother had. She couldn't eat nuts or seeds, but I didn't know why.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up