Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Poll

Favorite Hotdog Condiment

Mustard
Ketchup
Mayonaise
Hotdog Sauce
Ranch Dressing (WTF?)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)  (Read 25512 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2010, 03:58:44 am »

I would not shed a single tear if ketchup vanished tomorrow.

I hate how in restaurants there is always ketchup everywhere, but they hide the mustard and make you ask for it. Friggin' bigots.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2010, 04:28:33 am »

i'm not a ketchup fan, myself, except for giant skin-on steak fries, then there's no substitute.

for hot dogs i like sauerkraut and brown mustard, or a dry meaty chili. for fries i add a ton of black pepper to mayo and very lightly dunk.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2010, 04:33:16 am »

for hot dogs i like sauerkraut and brown mustard, or a dry meaty chili.

Mustard AND chili.  Hell yeah, that's right.  And onions and cheese and toasted up real nice in the oven.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2010, 04:35:42 am »

Fries are properly server with old bay, pepper, salt, and ketchup. People who put mayo on fries are deranged. I know this because the only time I decided to put mayo on fries I was in no state to make any legal decisions.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2010, 04:40:47 am »

Is calling someone deranged over their condiment choice better or worse than calling them infantile?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:23 am »

Paul, if this thread has taught me anything, it is that condiments are basically a window to a person's soul and how their mental status should be evaluated. :D
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2010, 05:41:45 am »

Tru dat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 06:08:49 am »

I've heard tell that mayo MIXED with 'chup is grelish on fries but I've never tried it.

Mayo alone... does sound crazy... but I've probably done crazier.

Of course, I can't fathom gravy on fries, either. Cheese, sure, but cheese with gravy seems to make the choice of gravy even less appealing than just pouring gravy on them alone.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2010, 07:34:32 am »

to be fair, I typically put both ketchup and mustard on my hot dogs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:00 am »

Yeah, I am mustard first, but I might put some ketchup on with my veggie dogs.  I don't really eat those too often though, cause they kinda blow, but it was the same in my meat days as well.  The veggie corn dogs are pretty awesome.  It has been probably a year since I had them, but this thread makes me want some bad.  Oh man, you have to put ketchup and mustard on corn dogs right?  It is so good, you all swirl it up.  As a kid I used to dip cheetos in if I had extra after my corn dog.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55:43 am »

I will typically have mustard and tomato sauce (henceforth called ketchup for ease of communication) on my hot-dogs, though around here sausage on a bun and hot dogs tend to be different and we have more of the former than the latter. If it's a regular bbq'd sausage I'll go for bbq sauce over either but if it's a boiled type hot dog I'll grab the yellow mustard and ketchup. The thing is though that I don't care for ketchup on anything else, it's too sweet for me and I don't really like it. For crispy chips I much prefer a smokey bbq or sweet chilli.

There's a polish sausage stand that sets up in the city a couple of days a week, maybe I should check in there and there re-evaluate my opinions.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:38 am »

My friend always tells the story that everytime his senile grandfather would take him to the Met game with another friend and his dad, he would constantly bring up the same conversation, "I like mustard on my hot dogs.  I don't understand this ketchup.  I like mustard on my hot dogs."  Then he would ask the dudes, "Do you understand this ketchup on these hot dogs?"

Every game.  Sometimes more than once.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2010, 12:24:29 pm »

OH MAN YOU GUYS

2 parts mayo
1 part ketchup
garlic powder
worcestershire sauce
a ton of black pepper

THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR AWESOME SAUCE (in reality Zaxby's or Guthrie's sauce)

You can put it on fries or chicken!  It gets better after a couple hours to mellow out, but it is SO GOOD.  I wouldn't recommend it on a hot dog or any sort of red meat product, but it is seriously good on chicken fingers.  And fries.

Also: apparently a California-style burrito that you get in not-California is different from a California Burrito you get here in southern California.  A California Burrito is carne asada, cheese, and french fries.  Apparently a California-style burrito is any generic burrito + avocado?

Also #2: Today I had tacos with avocado in them.  SO GOOD.  Chicken, onion, cheese, shredded cabbage, avocado, lime.  Some glorious sauce that I can't yet suss out.

Also #3: I like dijon on my hot dogs these days.  But giving up ketchup would be turning my back on my roots.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55:35 pm »

"Do you understand this ketchup on these hot dogs?"


No. No, I don't.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Hotdogs! (Formerly Tacos!)
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »


THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR AWESOME SAUCE (in reality Zaxby's or Guthrie's sauce)


Thanks.  I love me some Zaxby's sauce.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up