Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283505 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2010, 11:45:06 pm »

obviously, since we wound up with texas, mexico won.

ZING! 9jk paul)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2010, 12:01:22 am »

I'm glad y'all are so smart that you figured this out.

But this is not bullshit.  It's not propaganda.  My friend is not lying to me or you by proxy.

I'm sure you geniuses were all well versed in every aspect of American history when you were 10 years old, but I'm inclined to believe it entirely possible for these kids to not have a fuck*ng clue who won a little known war from over 100 years ago.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2010, 12:31:01 am »

Hey man, you didn't tell us they were 10!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:09 am »

Why did I think they were college students?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2010, 01:51:53 am »

I want to know more about 9jk, and what it has to do with Paul)

I do like how that's kind of like :)-Paul, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2010, 02:14:29 am »

derp, i missed the shift key
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2010, 02:53:46 am »

in high school my girlfriend asked me "the north won the civill war, right?"

after I answered, she said "yeah, I was... I was pretty sure."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2010, 02:55:23 am »

in high school my girlfriend asked me "the north won the civill war, right?"

after I answered, she said "yeah, I was... I was pretty sure."

Or did they??
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »

Current political trends suggest that the North's win was sadly temporary and that, by the early 1980s, the Confederacy's long hard slog toward dismantling the Union's political process through generations of co-opting from the inside were well on their way to completion.

Patient buggers, those Rebs, I'll give them that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2010, 10:59:27 pm »

I just want to add that this was done in comic sans in about a 40 point font size.

Quote
The Fix

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg , Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.  You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":  There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

Mr. President,

while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!  If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.  If not, please disregard.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2010, 11:24:29 pm »

A million won't go far towards supporting a 50-year old in California if he's supposed to buy a house with it too.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2010, 11:59:23 pm »

true, but CA, Miami, and the NYC region are all outliers in that regard.

damn. see, i *know* this is a crackpot scheme that would never work, but i can't shake that it appeals to me on some base, thoughtless level.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2010, 12:06:45 am »

Yeah, I'm not real crazy about any plan that has as it's main plank putting people out to pasture. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2010, 12:40:13 am »

It's such a great plan, and it would only cost 40 million!  Oh wait, but one thing:

40,000,000 x $1,000,000=

$40,000,000,000,000.00

Um, actually it would cost forty quadrillion.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2010, 12:46:50 am »

Well, as was already pointed out, one million isn't enough money for a start.  And it would cost $40,000,000,000,000.  What is that 40 trillion?  So most of those 40 million that you put out to pasture are going to continue working.  Except now they will be doing it under the table and won't be paying back into the system that is now an additional 40 trillion in debt. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:51:54 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 143   Go Up