Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282726 times)

0 Members and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2011, 10:57:03 pm »

I didn't even think twice; I did that for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2011, 08:03:21 am »

Quote
TEXANS CAN CONTRIBUTE A LOT TO THIS EFFORT!

Plant a pig

Please donate to your local "Plant A Pig Foundation" today. Not tax deductible, but well worth the effort. In Spain , at Seville some local people found a way to stop the construction of another mosque in their town. They buried a pig on the site, making sure this would be known by the local press. Islamic rules forbid erecting a Mosque on "pig soiled ground". The Muslims had to cancel the project...this land had been sold to them by government officials... No protests were needed by the local people ... and it worked!! Not dummies …. the Spaniards. They found a solution !!! No protests needed!

In Texas they have an over abundance of feral pigs. They could send them all over the country and just plant them everywhere!  Another way would be to capture a lot of the Feral Pigs roaming all over south Texas and run them through a Mosque already built.  After all…contaminated soil would surely drift and they could create new job programs by having soil testers to determine where contaminated soil existed.  Of course, high on the mountain tops of the Rockies or othermountain ranges they might find some uncontaminated soil, but then…building a mosque there would pose some problems…Americans…put on your thinking caps and let’s find a solution to this problem of a spreading menace to the American way of life!  If pigs are the answer…let’s do it!                   

Your Committee for the Betterment of America

Let’s keep this going….send it on!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »

Worse yet, they didn't even use the 5000 funnier pig-related puns you could deploy for such a concept.

"Plant a Pig"? Really?

Not even "Hamerican Pride"?

Not even "drawing a Bacon-Dixon Line"?

Not even "you're snoutta here"?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »

Real Americans desecrate houses of worship and actively seek to prevent others from exercising their freedom of religion!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2011, 02:50:58 pm »

Shame on you, AW. You know that religious freedom only applies to Mormons and Scientologists.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2011, 04:31:29 pm »

Cans for everyone.  "You're snouta here." heh heh...

I didn't fact check this one.  It's probably not even true.

Edit: Yes it's true that opponents of the Seville Mosque have put pig remains on a proposed site. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #321 on: January 28, 2011, 06:01:17 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2011, 06:10:05 pm »

Being from an aboriginal community, it's hard for me to imagine wild pigs or any other delicious or useful animal running loose as a problem.  I guess I had never considered the location of legal hunting though.  That's more because I get to enjoy the benefits of other people's hunting without doing the work myself, so the practicalities are lost on me.  Dar Williams sings a song called "Oh Canada Girls"  where the lyrics about my fair country go " Where we left so much land to itself/That everyone had her own mountain" and I think about that a lot.  There's just so much space here.  The vastness... gosh... it takes my breath away all the time and I live here.  I've seen a herd of a couple hundred wild elks in the mountains of Banff National Park, and it brought a tear to my eye.  Such beautiful animals, living the lives they should.  If I could choose the way my future meat lived, I'd choose that life for sure.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #323 on: January 28, 2011, 06:29:35 pm »

Leaving aside the stuff we all know is incredibly wrong in that thing...

Let's talk about Texas and their pig problem. I hear about this all the time, feral pigs are creating all sorts of shitty agricultural problems and they also tend to push other wildlife out as they move through an area.

Texas doesn't have much for public land. For example, if I want to chase pig in California there's about 9 jillion public land spots I can access just in Fresno and Ventura counties. Not the same kind of situation in Texas where public land is much scarcer. The great proportion of private land access is through annual leases which have been going on an upward trend for a decade now. The end result is, the 'free' reduction of what is now a plague animal through public hunting is depressed by the high land access cost. An addendum to the land/lease issue that depresses game pressure is landowner liability and an unwillingness on the part of many to assume possible liability for people to engage in an activity that intrinsically carries some not insignificant risks to person and property.

It'll be interesting to see how the Southern and Mid-Western states now affected will manage this animal as it expands its range and reaches past nuisance status in more and more areas. As far as Texas, I'm in a "you want your private property, you bear the freight of managing your nuisance animal population."

BTW, feral or wild pig is delicious, much leaner and denser so you gotta watch your cooking style. I had to back out of a get together this April over at this place in Tennessee due to conflicts, dang it. I'm gonna book out to Ft. Hunter-Liggett instead.

So what you're saying is that Texas has a pig problem because they don't have enough publicly owned land socialism?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »

Quiet down you shit-stirrer,


Heh heh.  Busted.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2011, 06:48:20 pm »

I'd love to kill a feral pig.  I don't have the proper equipment for such a task.  I doubt my single shot 20 ga. is sufficient.  Maybe I could borrow a rifle from my uncle. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2011, 08:06:14 pm »

I'd love to kill a feral pig.  I don't have the proper equipment for such a task.  I doubt my single shot 20 ga. is sufficient.  Maybe I could borrow a rifle from my uncle. 

In keeping with the writer of your feral-pig post, you should get one of these. 20 gauge? What are you, some kinda commie?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »

Oh hell yes.  Shoot them pigs, cook 'em and eat 'em.  Even I would get into hunting if I had wild pigs readily available.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:19 pm »

In keeping with the writer of your feral-pig post, you should get one of these. 20 gauge? What are you, some kinda commie?

That is basically the perfect heavy machine gun. I'm pretty sure it has the longest continuous service life of any weapon in the US arsenal (besides the Marines' non-commissioned officers' sword, that is). It's a big bastard, but it is also a lot of fun to shoot.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

In keeping with the writer of your feral-pig post, you should get one of these. 20 gauge? What are you, some kinda commie?

Hah...  When I wrote that I forgot we were talking about shit my uncle says.  I was actually talking about a different uncle.  The uncle that sends out the silly emails is a duck hunter so he's probably got the gun for the job.  But the other uncle has hundreds of guns.  Most were given to him by the manufacturer to review.  The one's he liked he kept. He used to be a sports writer you see, mostly wrote for Guns & Ammo, but he's now retired.  He's hunted all over the world.  He's also written several books.  Of course he's a right winger too, but he doesn't send out silly emails.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 143   Go Up