"Ugh, why does he want to go to this weird restaurant on our first date? Oh, wait, they have Hummus, and he's Lebanese. I guess that's why." (about a restaurant that is really good and is a very good choice for a first date).
Then she, without anyone saying anything, felt the need to "defend" her decision to go on a date with a Lebanese guy, by saying she really likes learning about other cultures, and plus he has a really good job and makes a lot of money.
Then I tried to suggest restaurants, and she got mad at me for suggesting restaurants. After she loudly talked to herself about which restaurant to go to for the last 20 minutes.
But mostly, the interns all reacted like I am some sort of horrible condescending racist when I said "hm, a lot of people come into my store who are worried about making ends meet, and yet they're buying lots of expensive pre-made food. I wonder if any organizations offer free classes on how to cook frugal meals?"