Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282623 times)

0 Members and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #945 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

I saw this status update today on Facebook.  "How can anyone NOT be a "Birther"?"  It was accompanied by this trip to crazytown.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #946 on: March 02, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

Haven't I mentioned elsewhere that I'm afraid?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #947 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »

Kinda looks like Bowie's being chased by Snape (I know that's Trent Reznor - he just looks rather Snape-y).

Made me think of the Stuck Mojo song.

Also of an essay (reference forgotten, sadly) by a European writer shortly after 9/11 where he described America as a teenager who wants to be loved by everyone.  Failing that, America will settle for being feared by everyone - which the writer evoked as sad but not inevitable.  Wish I could find it now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #948 on: March 05, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »

Well after two more incidents last week, and a meeting with the higher ups,  I got sent home for the afternoon while Bat-shit's boss and her Boss's Boss meet with her to discuss their concerns.  They thanked me profusely for having the courage to come forward and stated clearly that "this is about her, not you." Other highlights of the conversation included "this may be the thing that pushes her over the edge" (her boss) and "Maybe it's time she take some time off"(her bosses boss).  They described her as a bully and said she is creating a hostile work environment.  It's nice to see action being taken now.   I'm a little nervous about what's going to be happening this afternoon, and I had offered to be there, but they have my written reports, and I'm also glad both supervisors are doing their jobs, being her bosses.  Considering her level of volatility, I'm pretty sure I'll be missing quite the show, however her bosses boss will be calling me to update me on how thing went and what will happen next.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #949 on: March 05, 2012, 06:10:33 pm »

Do you know how many people have come to me behind the scenes to applaud me?  Everyone who knows.  Why the fuck do I have to be the shit disturber then?  I asked a good friend of mine (and fellow shit disturber on other fronts) this and she passed on this gem someone else had passed on to her:  "No one likes the sound of the alarm clock, but everyone loves the work it does." That's some profound shit right there.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #950 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:14 pm »

And you got an afternoon off? Awesome.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #951 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:17 pm »

Do you know how many people have come to me behind the scenes to applaud me?  Everyone who knows.  Why the fuck do I have to be the shit disturber then?  I asked a good friend of mine (and fellow shit disturber on other fronts) this and she passed on this gem someone else had passed on to her:  "No one likes the sound of the alarm clock, but everyone loves the work it does." That's some profound shit right there.

Thumbs up, chicka.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #952 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »

Yes That is excellent.

I talk to people about ownership a lot because I'm kinda big on owning your problems as a first step towards addressing them effectively.

OTOH, I will give someone a big glass of spite to drink for passing along a hot potato.

That is the thing with this lady.  As I said to the bosses "I'm worried about her ability to accept accountability.  I don't think she has the capacity to be accountable" That's when the bosse's boss says "It's always about someone else with this one.  I have seen this time and time again.  She goes around telling everyone else to be truthful and respectful, but none of that applies to her.  Fuck her!"   Yup, her bosses' boss said "fuck her!"  She actually said it many times. 

As for the afternoon off, does it really count as an afternoon off if all I'm doing is sitting there worry about what's happening at work?  I think I better go try out Just Dance, which my hubby bought for me yesterday but hasn't been taken out of the package.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #953 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:43 pm »

Several years ago one of my coworkers came to me and revealed that a third coworker had been sexually harassing her.  She is a lady who prefers ladies, and doesn't care (or need) to dress up for work, so its usually jeans, a flannel, and hair in a bun.  This pig kept after her dress differently, made pass after pass (following polite rejection) and even came up to rub her shoulders once while she was seated at a lab bench.  Despite all that, it was really hard for her to call him out.  I was happy to help and got the ball rolling with HR.  They came in and interviewed about 40 people from the building.  Naturally it came out that it wasn't only my friend who had been singled out for his attentions.  He was canned within a week, and the atmosphere around the building became a lot happier.  Sometimes when you shoulder that squeaky wheel work, you do more good than you realize.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #954 on: March 05, 2012, 11:09:20 pm »

As for the afternoon off, does it really count as an afternoon off if all I'm doing is sitting there worry about what's happening at work?  I think I better go try out Just Dance, which my hubby bought for me yesterday but hasn't been taken out of the package.

I don't know what that is, but if it is fun, do it. You have earned it. You made her boss's boss say "Fuck her." Heck, I want to take the afternoon off to celebrate.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #955 on: March 05, 2012, 11:35:07 pm »

Good work Smells.  You will be the office hero now and have mucho respect among your peers.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #956 on: March 06, 2012, 04:51:32 am »

I don't know what that is, but if it is fun, do it. You have earned it. You made her boss's boss say "Fuck her." Heck, I want to take the afternoon off to celebrate.

just dance is one-a-them there vidya games
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #957 on: March 06, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »

Things learned from Just Dance:  1) I am a lot more out of shape than I thought I was and 2) getting silly and dancing around and getting all sweaty is good therapy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #958 on: March 06, 2012, 05:26:54 pm »

Is that before or after you slap them?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #959 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »

I am a lot more out of shape than I thought I was

I can assure you that you're not more out of shape than I am. Running has taught me that, in the event of an actual zombie apocalypse or other emergency, I would totally be the first one eaten.

In related news, had to go buy more sports bras today. The only one I had was too dirty to re-wear for yesterday's "run," and I became intimately and uncomfortably acquainted with the reasons why a lady definitely needs one.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143   Go Up