Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283911 times)

0 Members and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #975 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »

Good luck - we're all counting on you.



I'm so very, very sorry.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #976 on: March 07, 2012, 09:05:45 pm »

LUCK!  Ms. Bat Shit doesn't know who she is dealing with.

Just FYI, can management refuse your request for a sharing circle?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #977 on: March 07, 2012, 11:14:00 pm »

Please keep us in the loop - this model of conflict resolution should be used in a wider context.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #978 on: March 08, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »

Would it be wrong to suggest that the great TOUAMBIE indoor-beatdown move from StL up to Winnipeg?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #979 on: March 08, 2012, 05:39:47 pm »

Would it be wrong to suggest that the great TOUAMBIE indoor-beatdown move from StL up to Winnipeg?

we'll just have to take it on the road.  anyone else have someone that needs their ass kicked by a gang of smartass nerds?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #980 on: March 08, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »

Would it be wrong to suggest that the great TOUAMBIE indoor-beatdown move from StL up to Winnipeg?

Yeah, it's only fair to make it a World Tour.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #981 on: March 08, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »

We're going to Canada?

PUTTING ON THE FOIL, COACH!

Canned for reminding me of this:

Dave's a killer!
Dave's a mess.
But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?
Is the answer Jesus?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #982 on: March 09, 2012, 02:59:13 am »

Well everyone agreed to the circle.  I invited bat-shit myself, she agreed to come but went into how she is older and implicitly wiser than me.

The circle is tomorrow at 1:30.

The director of the department (my bosses boss) thanked me profusely today and tells me she agrees with me that what they proposed was a bad idea and she is going to work with HR on re-writing the harassment policy and credit me for my work.

Also my boss was away while most of the shit hit the fan because her husband had a massive heart attack.  She had one hell of an update when she returned today and was pissed off about HR's request.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #983 on: March 09, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »

I will be running at 1:30 pm today while my daughter is in dance class. It will actually be 12:30 PM for you, Smells, but I will think about what you will be about to face and put in an extra "sprint and pray" for you.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #984 on: March 09, 2012, 04:38:06 pm »

I'm still up for the Great Indoor Fight World Tour if this doesn't solve the problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #985 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »

I am doing aggravating data entry at the internship that involves a lot of linking families together in our database. Which is hard because parents often don't have the same last name, don't have the same last names as their kids.

Shit Inev almost Says: "god, why don't these moms give their kids their last name? Why would your kid have your boyfriend's last name instead of yours?"
Shit that someone said immediately before I said that: "yeah, I gave my kids [her boyfriend's] last name, it just made sense. Why would a kid have their mom's last name? That isn't how it works."
Another girl pointed out that the boyfriend might not be around forever, since he isn't willing to marry her, and that turned into a whole horrible argument that I'm glad I did not participate in.

Yikes. Having kids. Yikes.

I am reflecting on how much of a fan I am of the system a lot of the Spanish-speaking families use. The multiple last names things just makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:23:33 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #986 on: March 09, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »

Well that went.... well?  

Thanks to all of you for your support.  I actually came here and looked at the board right before going into the circle and you each gave me strength.  Cans!

I said all my truth, including calling her on being racist and volatile.  

She called me a liar, which was a good depiction of how unaware she is, especially considering every other person in the room has previously witnessed her saying racist shit and not said anything.  She also implied I was evil and said from now on she would "tolerate me, but that's it."  The second time round she said "now I'm afraid of you" and that I had put all my hurt on her.

All I could think was "maybe you should be afraid of me because from now on I'm going to be direct in how I hold you accountable and you seem to shoot your mouth off uncontrollably."  And typing this up, I'm hoping maybe she can learn something from carrying the hurt she put on me for a while.  There was support from the supervisors, but none of them called her on her shit.  They didn't agree with her, but they also didn't outright disagree with her either.  It will be interesting to see where the chips fall.  I feel like the power has shifted.  I hold the power now, and without power she is just sad and ignorant.  Hopefully she will understand that I spoke the truth and learn from it.  If not, it doesn't matter now.  I've become the ruling body, as Ash said.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #987 on: March 09, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »

My boss hugged me and said "I'm so proud of you" which was pretty rad.  Everybody hugged me except Bat-shit, who left as soon as we wrapped.  It's a huggy office.  I've gotten used to it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #988 on: March 10, 2012, 12:22:41 am »

I like hugging my coworkers, but I try to get a good read on them for a long time before busting out that move.  Its definitely not appreciated by all.    I caught myself watching the clock and wondering how you were getting on. Congrats on being a person of integrity.  It is not always an easy road to walk, but you are up to the task.  Plus, think of the model you have put forward for all the people involved - including HR.  This was a thing of dignity.   
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #989 on: March 10, 2012, 12:57:49 am »

Hopefully she will understand that I spoke the truth and learn from it.  

I'm guessing she's always the hero of her inner narrative.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 143   Go Up