this unpleasant college-drop-out dude on my facebook feed posted a big thing about how he lives below the federal poverty line, and yet can afford to feed/clothe/house himself as well as entertain himself with fancy food and electronics. He does not explicitly state what we are supposed to get from this information, but it still aggravates me.
Also, I do not think he is below the poverty line, because I know where he works. Maybe he (illegally) agreed to work for less than minimum wage/to work unpaid hours to make some kind of point about the free market?
Now he is responding defensively to a post I made about federally subsidized low-income housing.
It is interesting to me how sometimes just stating a fact (I live comfortably on a small amount of money, low income housing is not built in rich neighborhoods) can come across as an "argument." The other day my friend got mad at me for saying that you have to use a reusable vinyl bag hundreds times to make up for the material cost of making a sturdier bag vs. using recyclable plastic bags.