Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282141 times)

0 Members and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1230 on: July 24, 2012, 03:02:04 pm »

oh my god, boss, this is why you do not become friends with your employees. They will start posting on your facebook wall complaining about the other managers.

yet for some reason your response is to post replies agreeing that the manager is frustrating. WHAT.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1231 on: July 24, 2012, 10:10:44 pm »

He's just being hip. Yucking it up on the facebooks with the kids, identifying with their managerial frustrations. Don't let him know about the tweeter, though.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1232 on: July 24, 2012, 11:04:36 pm »

This just in, 18 year old kids, even rich famous ones, still have a lot to learn.  The backlash up here has been pretty strong.  Honestly though, he's just a kid with plenty of time to grow out of being a typical teenager.

Edit: Linky Fixy -- jl
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:28:24 am by jay-ell »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1233 on: July 25, 2012, 12:16:29 am »

Grandma: Old dimes have silver in them. Don't throw out your old dimes. I hear you're joining a marching band.
Grandpa: Let me show you how to work a slide rule. Its worth money. Don't break the slide rule.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1234 on: July 25, 2012, 02:50:20 pm »

You're joining a marching band?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1235 on: July 25, 2012, 03:37:25 pm »

You're joining a marching band?
Hell no. And I already know how to use a slide rule. I have no idea where this stuff comes from. I've given up on correcting or arguing with them and I just enjoy the entertainment.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1236 on: July 25, 2012, 05:22:54 pm »

I have no idea where this stuff comes from. I've given up on correcting or arguing with them and I just enjoy the entertainment.

I've been like that with my Dad since I was about 11.

Are you sure about the marching band thing, though.  I have a great vision of you marching down the middle of the road in your hand tailored Italian suit playing a tuba amidst other similarly attired young urban professionals.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1237 on: July 27, 2012, 03:06:24 am »

Oh, huh, who could have guessed that everyone would get fired for posting that dumbass shit on facebook? Gosh. I guess we'll just have to chalk this one up to "lessons learned."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1238 on: July 27, 2012, 03:11:34 am »

I don't know how to use a slide rule and I'm old enough that I went to school when they still used them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1239 on: August 02, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

My sister supports Chick-fil-A. yay.. She's the most well spoken person in that piece. She's a well spoken bigot.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1240 on: August 02, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »

I want to post this on her wall.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1241 on: August 02, 2012, 07:58:34 pm »

I don't understand how anyone could take the side of a fast food chain in any moral arguement and fail to understand that it makes them look foolish.  It's a fried chicken restaurant.  It's a fried chicken restaurant.  It's a fried chicken restaurant.

It's all a little weird and embarassing to watch from up here.  Even if I were the most homophobic person on earth, I can honestly say that the legalization of same sex marriage has had no impact on my life in any way what so ever.

Also, hasn't anyone learned from the example of Los Pollos Hermanos?

I know how I'll show those narrow minded people!  I'll buy some Oreos.  That'll show them!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1242 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:27 pm »

I have known that CFA is run by right-wing nuts since I worked there in 1998. If I was going to stop eating there over their politics, I'd have done it a long time ago.

I think they have the right to give their money to anybody they want. I don't have to agree with them. I totally respect the folks who won't spend their money there any more, more power to you. But as for me, I don't give enough of a shit to try to explain to my kids that we can't go to their favorite restaurant any more because some guy who has almost nothing to do with our local franchise doesn't like it when two boys get married.

So boycott all you want, but don't treat me like shit for refusing to join your pointless protest. I agree with you, they are religious lunatics who are pursuing a homophobic agenda. They have been doing it for years and it is extremely unlikely that they'll give it up any time soon. Now go away and stop politicizing my lunch.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1243 on: August 02, 2012, 10:02:57 pm »

As I said elsewhere on the internet, what I am worried about is that if I boycott them, and then they change their politics, I will actually have to start eating their food. And I really don't want to eat their food.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1244 on: August 02, 2012, 10:37:23 pm »

I have known that CFA is run by right-wing nuts since I worked there in 1998. If I was going to stop eating there over their politics, I'd have done it a long time ago.

Same here, I was raised by right wing nuts and I've known about CFA's position for a long time. I thought it was silly when people tried to boycott Oreos for about 5 minutes when Nabisco said they supported gay rights, and I think it's silly for people to boycott a fast food chicken restaurant.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 143   Go Up