Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 282523 times)

0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1395 on: March 17, 2013, 05:27:24 am »

I'm guessing they are saying he's illegitimate because he was born in Kenya or whatever. So the real president would be, Oh I don't know, John McCain I guess?

Sarah Palin, because, duh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1396 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:55 am »

Be gentle like a lion.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1397 on: March 17, 2013, 09:30:46 am »

Wait.  What?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1398 on: March 17, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »

I know what they mean but I always read that sort of thing as 'The fact that life shits on me is somehow proof I'm a good person.'
That said, I like it when Steve Martin says it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1399 on: March 17, 2013, 02:40:39 pm »

Wait.  What?

It's supposed to recall Aslan, the lion stand-in for Jesus in the Chronicles of Narnia.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1400 on: March 17, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

I got that.  But "the weak are cruel" is a pretty insane sentiment. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1401 on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:05 pm »

Of course the weak can be as cruel as anyone else, it's only the weak are cruel that is insane.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1402 on: March 17, 2013, 04:21:37 pm »

If you play the chorus of this song by White Lion backwards you get that quote.

I think all it's saying is that cruelty is an expression of weakness, no? I don't know if it's true but it's not exactly insane.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1403 on: March 17, 2013, 10:21:48 pm »

I think all it's saying is that cruelty is an expression of weakness, no? I don't know if it's true but it's not exactly insane.

I think the whole thing is insane and feeble minded as well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1404 on: March 18, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »

I think the whole thing is insane and feeble minded as well.

How cruel of you, Paul. How cruel.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1405 on: March 18, 2013, 02:34:10 pm »

Facebook conversation, girl I've known for years who has spent most of that time bitching about every boyfriend she ever had and everything else in her life too. Clearly I need to learn a thing or two about life.

Quote
Her: hey hey stranger

Me: Hey

Her: so... ummmm... I'm going to blargh... casue I need to blargh...

Me: Ok?

Her: [Boyfriend] and I broke up yesterday... He has been following me around the house, not saying anything and just moping
i asked what he wanted of me to make this work
he didnt say anything
finally i cracked, and said he either needed to fight for me, or walk away cause I can't handle the nothingness
he walked away and went to bed

Me: Well
That's sort of an answer.
What brought this all on?

Her: it's been horrid for ages
but that just really fuck*ng hurt... i just thought after 4 years maybe there would be something worth trying to hold on to... maybe he cared a little bit more than that...

Me: I mean
yeah
you're right
but equally if it really has been that bad, why perpetuate a toxic situation?

Her:dw
love isn't that black and white
and to think it is is naive
anywho, i'll see you round or something
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1406 on: March 18, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »

That chick is a nightmare, but clearly you don't know what love is about. :P
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1407 on: March 18, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

I am known for being a soul-less automaton. If only some semi-functional, emotionally unstable manic pixie dream girl would come into my life and teach me how to love again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1408 on: March 18, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »

I am known for being a soul-less automaton. If only some semi-functional, emotionally unstable manic pixie dream girl would come into my life and teach me how to love again.

*sigh*
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #1409 on: March 18, 2013, 05:00:08 pm »

I always felt Orlando Bloom's character in Elizabethtown was more compelling before he met Kirsten Dunst. Soulless automatons are way underrated.

Edit: My opinion has been validated by Ash. What more need be said?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 143   Go Up