Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit my ________ says  (Read 283300 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2070 on: August 16, 2016, 03:10:35 pm »

I have always felt immature teen-level frustration about my family members "that isn't art!" comments in art museums.

Yeah, but fuckin' Rothko! Fuck that guy!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2071 on: August 16, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »

She liked Rothko, actually.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2072 on: August 16, 2016, 03:41:44 pm »

Well BOO TO THAT. I literally gave a Rothko painting the finger in the Milwaukee Art Museum on Saturday.


(I was drunk.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2073 on: August 16, 2016, 04:00:42 pm »

So drunk that you didn't think to have a photo taken?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2074 on: August 16, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »

Not with the Rothko, but I did get this:
that's me by Carlos del Vaca, on Flickr
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2075 on: August 17, 2016, 02:50:00 am »

Well BOO TO THAT. I literally gave a Rothko painting the finger in the Milwaukee Art Museum on Saturday.


(I was drunk.)

And now they're rioting in the streets.  I hope you're happy Mister.  See what happens when you modern art hatin' philistines are allowed to roam free?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2076 on: August 17, 2016, 04:34:00 am »

I have never cared about art.  I went to a lot of free museums right when I got to LA, including a pop art moca exhibit.  I don't think I had ever heard of rothko.  I fuck*ng loved Rothko.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2077 on: August 24, 2016, 04:01:51 am »

Yeah, but fuckin' Rothko! Fuck that guy!

I like Rothko too. Not his paintings so much, but he built this chapel here in Houston. It's pretty amazing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2078 on: August 25, 2016, 07:57:15 pm »

One last brush with the horrible old roommate: she CCed the other two of us in a really aggressive email asking why our security deposits have not been returned yet, citing NJ law. Would it have killed you to start out by just asking firmly but politely?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2079 on: August 31, 2016, 08:48:30 pm »

Just got a good response to a job application!

...

So if I want to continue seeking this job on the opposite coast, in competition with 300 people for one of three spots, I can fly over there on my own dime to take an exam to advance to the next round.

Yikes. No thanks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2080 on: September 01, 2016, 12:29:11 am »

Psssh, Evel Kinevil would give it the old college try.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2081 on: September 01, 2016, 01:12:29 am »

Evel Knieval can pay for my plane ticket if he wants.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2082 on: September 01, 2016, 01:35:27 am »

He could too.  There's good money in daredevlin'.

(We both spelled his name wrong?  It's Evel Knievel?)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2083 on: September 01, 2016, 01:42:46 am »

Also I was mainly talking about the hoop being tall and small.  Don't do that, that is fuck*ng stupid.  Unless it is in LA?  LA is great, you want to live there.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Shit my ________ says
« Reply #2084 on: September 01, 2016, 02:49:53 am »

Psssh, Evel Kinevil would give it the old college try.

Goddamn right!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 143   Go Up