Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 96855 times)

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 05:12:15 am »

Someone my wife works with got a Academy review copy of True Grit. Nice job on that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 12:16:46 am »

Mary and Max-a hell of touching claymation movie that isnt for kids
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 03:04:14 am »

I've been meaning to watch that one, heard nothing but good things. Top of the Netflix streaming queue it goes.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 03:30:15 am »

Someone my wife works with got a Academy review copy of True Grit. Nice job on that.

We saw it on Friday night.  Very very good and faithful to the book.  Jeff Bridges totally pulled it off.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:13 am »

just saw it tonight, i have the original in my dvr for this week, and i'm totally going to read the book first chance i get. good film, solid oscar bait.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:55 am »

I'm gonna see it on Saturday.  Been looking forward to.  I have confidence that Jeff Bridges can pull it off if anyone can.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 05:46:58 am »

I saw it last week and it's fuck*ng awesome. Best movie I saw last year (rather, saw this year that was released last year). Well, that or Winter's Bone, which everyone should see.

I'm gonna see it on Saturday.  Been looking forward to.  I have confidence that Jeff Bridges can pull it off if anyone can.

The Dude abides.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:43 pm »

I think we're going to watch the second X-Files movie tonight, as we just finished the box set this weekend. Last couple seasons so fuck*ng disappointing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 07:51:36 pm »

Ugh, so true.

I can't remember if the movies were good. We liked the kind of dopey spinoff series with the three nerdy guys:
http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/The-Lone-Gunmen-The-Complete-Series-Disc-1/70025613

But then it ended idiotically.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:25 pm »

The show just went into the tank nine ways from Sunday. The final episode was pretty absurd. I heard this movie sucked, too, so I got that going for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 09:23:20 am »

in the last week or so I have seen Jaws, Robocop, and Action Jackson. Two of these were classics.

I don't know why I didn't think I would like those movies. Oh man, Robocop was so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

I just saw the He-Man live action movie for the first time in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears and I am fascinated with how over-all bad it is and yet it is strewn with these little hints of some other movie that would've actually been pretty good.

It is like 70% an awful movie and then 10% each of three pretty good movies that are all competely different in tone from each other as well as the "core" bad movie.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »

oh goodness i loved action jackson when i was a younger one, carl weathers all kicking coach's ass and loving on prince's girl vanity's nipples, sharon stone being some hot nobody who hadn't shown her kitty all over town, what a truly horrible awesome film
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »

In the new Bud ads, they have some deal where the guys all have Stickum on their hands so as not to drop their beers, and at the end Carl Weathers is having trouble with his playbook sticking to his hands. So jarring. Carl Weathers doesn't have trouble with things, things have trouble with Carl Weathers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »

Did watch that X Files movie. It wasn't terrible - like a pretty typical monster of the week episode from the show. I will say, from watching the gag reel, that Gillian Anderson has a foul mouth. Spicy!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35   Go Up