Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97019 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

Yeah, the most recent update was last week, actually. Here's the important part: This morning I sent the DVD master off to the production facility.  The editing and DVD menuing are DONE. :)  They'll create a proof copy, throw that back at me, and if it's good to go, they start printing.

Is that a quote from them, or are you involved in the process?

Also, just rented Super 8, American Grindhouse, and Tabloid.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 11:39:48 pm »

Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2012, 03:47:54 am »

Also, just rented Super 8, American Grindhouse, and Tabloid.

I don't know how I missed Tabloid when it was playing locally. I love Errol Morris and I love weird stories about Mormons. It's like it was made specifically for me. It's next up in the Netflix queue.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »

Watched Super 8 last night. It was ok.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2012, 06:25:57 am »

We caught Mission Impossible tonight.  Good date movie.  Certainly not much brainpower required.  They lay it all out for you.
Best line, "Next time I get to seduce the rich guy."
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09:04 am »

I dug on that film a surprising amount.
There were a lot of yuks.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2012, 06:41:44 pm »

Same here. I think it's worth checking out on imax. Luckily I had a gift card for that theater.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »

Saw Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (should have been much better) and Peep World (ditto).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2012, 01:48:53 am »

Watched Bridesmaids. I liked it quite a bit, but I also love Kristen Wiig, and she's pretty fuck*ng awesome in it. I can't remember if the movie was already discussed earlier in this thread, but what did y'all think?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:09 am »

Watched Bridesmaids. I liked it quite a bit, but I also love Kristen Wiig, and she's pretty fuck*ng awesome in it. I can't remember if the movie was already discussed earlier in this thread, but what did y'all think?

I watched it a couple of weeks ago.  It was pretty good, if a little formulaic.  Made me like Melissa McCarthy even more than I did before.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2012, 12:34:07 pm »

I watched it a couple of weeks ago.  It was pretty good, if a little formulaic.  Made me like Melissa McCarthy even more than I did before.

amen.

also, MM is my actress crush.  i would like to sex her up.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2012, 04:13:21 am »

So where I work we have a theater in the camp. This week they are playing Secretary. Who greenlit that decision? Masturbation, nudity, cutting, sadomasochism . . . yeah, that oughta go ok.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:00 pm »

I saw that movie.  I can't recall much of it, but there were parts that were sort of sexy but my overall impression was disapointment.  That's all I can recall.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

I've been wanting to see that one.  I think it's somewhere on my netflix queue.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #344 on: February 16, 2012, 03:00:50 am »

I liked it quite a bit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35   Go Up