Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Some movies I just saw  (Read 97098 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:35 am »

Oh, you knew exactly what that was going to be.

I didn't, actually, but I do remember that movie well.  I fell in love with her when she was doing Prime Suspect.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2012, 07:14:30 pm »

Will do. You can watch the "trailer" here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/LorienGreen/going-cardboard-a-board-game-documentary-0

Hey Cort, did anything happen with this? It says that backers are supposed to get updates - did you every get any? I can't find anything on wiki or imdb.

It's done. I just got my DVD in the mail (along with some Meeple coasters and an autographed copy of Airlines Europe). They have an IMDB entry now, too: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2229165/
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2012, 12:52:20 pm »

Rock!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #363 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:15 pm »

Tapeheads. Pretty fuck*ng good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:27 am »

I love everything she's done.  She could even save a silly assed movie like Red.

Oh man. I love Helen Mirren. I liked The Debt, and loved Prime Suspect. So wish she was still doing that.

So a local group of some sort or other screened Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles a couple weeks ago. It's pretty crazy. The director took questions afterwards and he seemed pretty cool. It's about these tiles with weird message that started appearing in random places, on the east coast and in south america. I think it's worth checking out if you like documentaries about crazy and eccentric people. On netflix I think but not streaming.

Over the weekend watched A Prophet. There are things that I love about this movie, but on the whole I was left a bit underwhelmed. Still worth checking out.

And I finally watched My Dinner with Andre. I loved it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2012, 03:09:17 am »

There is a Toynbee Tile near the store I work at. It is a funny thing to see when you're just walking along the road.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #366 on: March 07, 2012, 01:31:10 am »

That's so cool.

Also, I love saying it. Toynbee. Toynbee. It's fun.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #367 on: March 07, 2012, 01:46:31 am »

Sounds like Bugs Bunny saying "Turnby"

Whatever that means.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #368 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:33 am »

Exactly!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2012, 07:34:01 am »

OK, the internet says there were 4 in St Louis at one time. Two have been covered up during road resurfacing... the way they describe their location, I think the one I saw was one of the ones covered up? No mention of where the others are.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:25 am »

Is this the one you walk by?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

Yeah, the Toynbee tile thing is pretty cool. There's one about 30 blocks from my house.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2012, 04:54:19 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

yeah. It seems that if there are several in St Louis, they are all along Market Street. Hmm. The one that got covered up was apparently at Market and 7th.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Some movies I just saw
« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

yeah. It seems that if there are several in St Louis, they are all along Market Street. Hmm. The one that got covered up was apparently at Market and 7th.

Mine's at Hawthorne and 7th. Hm.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Up