My life's tedium caught up with me so I spent the weekend watching movies in a darkened bedroom taking swigs. I really like absurd, silly comedies and profanity, and was pleasantly surprised by these two:
21 Jump Street. Only marginally remembered the TV series (yes, it ran down here for a while). Found a lot to like -- seriously, I'll highly recommend any movie with a sequence in which a character yells FUCK MILES DAVIS! and then jumps through a gong. JOnah Hill was very good, and most of the peripheral cast had their moments too.
The Watch. This one got mostly bad reviews but I loved it. I don't know, I enjoyed seeing the cast just riffing and being silly, and I honestly think they blazed a new trail for comedy with the scene in which they fuck around with an alien corpse. Lovely profanity, too. Vince Vaughn -- so good. The weird English dude, Richard Ayoade: small part, killed with almost every line. Overall I got bored with the "film" parts, and was mostly waiting between the plot points so the characters could come back to their foul-mouthed antics.