Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts  (Read 21954 times)

Choop

• Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 05:33:48 pm »

take the c*ck away and equip my guy.

filter?
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 447
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

I did almost perfect instead of nuke anomaly. I also like the mask because it doesn't break down, which is sorta nice. I also like the way it looks, although I don't see my guy much. IIRC, he has pink hair and a beard. I'm not usually a power armor guy, either, because of the penalties.

Hate hate hate overlords. I'd played it a lot before I got the GOTY edition, and all of a sudden 'hey, instant death over and over!' I also have problems with the searching when the folks explode. Actually, I have problems with searching even without that, sometimes - trying to find the sweet spot to pick things up and suchlike.

I'm not a fan of swift learner, because I didn't need any help getting leveled up, plus sleeping gives you +10% anyways. I didn't go for any of the bonuses to attributes through perks, for much the same reason - can just get them from books, especially if you save the books for comprehension. That's about 50% bonuses to all attributes.

I am looking forward to Vegas - especially as I've spent more time in the SW than I have around DC (as you sort of alluded to in reverse earlier). I'm going to wait to hear if it's glitchy on the PS3 though. I checked my old guy and the save is about 16mb, which explains why it doesn't play worth a shit anymore. Somewhere along the line I read something about shrinking save files to make them more playable. I might try to track that down, as I'd played through a lot of the game on ol' Iggy Ignatowski, and it was a shame to have to put him on the shelf.
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 05:46:30 pm »

My character's name is Jade (my usual handle, a play on my first and last initials), and she is heck of cute for a cluster of pixels. Green pigtails.

man, I am just so bad at games like this. Having to keep track of the equipment always completely screws me up. When we were playing through Diablo II my friends would have to walk over to my computer occasionally and just straight-up take the c*ck away and equip my guy.

even when I was a hardcore NWN nerd and played it every day for probably over a year, other people in the persistent world I played on would be like "dude, you are almost level 20, why are you still getting killed by these low-level enemies..."

I've occasionally had issues where I'll change into a different suit for some reason (to get a bonus to my science skill from a lab coat, usually) and forget to change back into the stuff that keeps me from dying. But the nice thing about non-MMO RPGs are that if you fuck up, you can just take a mulligan and load your last save once you figure out what an idiot you are.

Also, did somebody add a filter for the word joystick or something?
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

• Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 480
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »

rodent

maus.

but yeah, I am just so bad at understanding the numbers which define my character in those sorts of games. If that makes sense. Until I found a staff that was like "Plus 10 to all Ice Skills."
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

• Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »

heh what we need now iare a couple new filters so that there's a whole horse -> hoss -> fish -> giraffe -> mouse -> penis -> c*ck -> horse loop depending on how many times it's been quoted
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pedro Picasso

• King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 07:39:31 pm »

No one has yet reassured Wombat that there ARE in fact dogs in Fallout 3. Most of them attack you viciously, and you kill them to collect dog meat.

BUT! One of them is kind and good. You meet him in a junk yard and he is your friend forever. He is named "Dog Meat."

Personally, I love having Dog Meat, but I can't stand people shooting at him, so I make him stay in my apartment.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »

Poor Dogmeat. He just wants to help.

Of course, you could always take the "Puppies!" perk, which allows you to get a replacement for Dogmeat if he gets killed during combat.
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »

Yeah, I get Dogmeat early and park him as well.

Does anyone else collect useless things? My first guy collected billiard/pool balls and stuck them on the upstairs table (as well as collecting booze and miscellaneous foodstuffs and putting them in the nuka cola machine and fridge respectively). My new guy collects toy cars and nuka cola trucks and puts them on the downstairs bookshelf. Incidentally, I've never gotten the place at Tenpenny Towers - I've always stuck with the Megaton shack.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 01:45:31 am »

I collect Toasters, because I played Wasteland.

Also, Bubblegum and Gumdrops, because they're super-rare. I still collect Quantums even though I finished the Nuka-Cola Challenge -- I have a huge stockpile. And I use the desk in my Megaton house as my trophy case for items related to completed quests -- the Wasteland Survival Guide adorns the top of the desk. I also keep a teddy bear on my bed.

I did keep all of the Lincoln artifacts instead of selling them after the Lincoln Memorial was restored -- I keep them on display in the living room of my Megaton house (pre-war theme). And I delivered a forgery of the Declaration of Independence to Abraham Washington and kept the real one (as well as the Bill of Rights) for myself.

And I have a large wardrobe of civilian clothes, because I like to think that someday the Capital Wasteland will be safe again and Jade will be able to turn in her combat armor and start wearing cute little frocks.

So yeah, I guess you could say I collect useless things.

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 02:00:56 am »

I collect Toasters, because I played Wasteland.

Also, Bubblegum and Gumdrops, because they're super-rare. I still collect Quantums even though I finished the Nuka-Cola Challenge -- I have a huge stockpile. And I use the desk in my Megaton house as my trophy case for items related to completed quests -- the Wasteland Survival Guide adorns the top of the desk. I also keep a teddy bear on my bed.

I did keep all of the Lincoln artifacts instead of selling them after the Lincoln Memorial was restored -- I keep them on display in the living room of my Megaton house (pre-war theme). And I delivered a forgery of the Declaration of Independence to Abraham Washington and kept the real one (as well as the Bill of Rights) for myself.

And I have a large wardrobe of civilian clothes, because I like to think that someday the Capital Wasteland will be safe again and Jade will be able to turn in her combat armor and start wearing cute little frocks.

So yeah, I guess you could say I collect useless things.

I knew that you would come through for me.

wombat

• English-Speaking Pizza
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 636
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05:50 am »

No one has yet reassured Wombat that there ARE in fact dogs in Fallout 3. Most of them attack you viciously, and you kill them to collect dog meat.

BUT! One of them is kind and good. You meet him in a junk yard and he is your friend forever. He is named "Dog Meat."

Personally, I love having Dog Meat, but I can't stand people shooting at him, so I make him stay in my apartment.

OK, now that's funny.

(Can't we ever have a thread around here about a subject I don't give a fuck about that where I can be sure I won't miss anything if I don't read it? I guess not.)
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »

OK, now that's funny.

(Can't we ever have a thread around here about a subject I don't give a fuck about that where I can be sure I won't miss anything if I don't read it? I guess not.)

It only makes sense that we figments would try to keep you interested in every thread. After all, if you stop looking at us, we cease to exist.

smick

• -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 05:28:46 pm »

Is that's what's been happening to me?!

I thought it was because of inappropriate self-touchings.

Nabubrush

• Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 04:17:56 pm »

All self-touchings are appropriate.

Here's a thing: I don't like Super Mutant Overlords. I don't like that they come with the Broken Steel DLC.

jay-ell

• Den Mother
  • VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »

All self-touchings are appropriate.

Here's a thing: I don't like Super Mutant Overlords. I don't like that they come with the Broken Steel DLC.

I don't like them until they're dead. Then I LOVE them.

Do you play with any companions? I let Fawkes hang around until after the purifier was started (and in Broken Steel I had him start it for me, no sense risking my own neck, right?). And of course there are some quests that require you to take someone(s) with you, but in general I don't like riffraff hanging around getting killed, and I like to fight my own battles.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up