Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts  (Read 28873 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 04:46:03 am »

Thought I had mentioned that - I got Boone and ED-E (although someone just borrowed him). I will move to Novac - I think that's a better call. Thanks for the assist!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 03:52:05 pm »

I'm going to try to do all the companion quests before I get any further with the main storyline, because there are some that require me to interact with the factions that are going to be really pissed with me later, one way or another. Right now I've got a guy named Arcade Gannon and ED-E (who I missed the first time through Primm). I didn't recruit Boone when I had the chance, I'm gong to have to pick him up after I finish with Gannon. (So no spoilers about Boone, please!) I plan to take him with me when I wipe out Caesar's Legion (those slaver bastards).

I've completed three other companion quests so far, out of a total of eight (six humanoid and two cybernetic). I've located the other three potential recruits, but skipped over them for one reason or another.

Remind me: do you have the Prima guide?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »

No, I don't have the guide. It probably would be better, as I'm playing it at work and I'm using the wiki on my iPhone, and I can't reliably connect in my room. I'm just basically bludgeoning along right now, which is actually pretty fun. I normally spoil the shit out of stuff for myself so as to maximize my experience and looting.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 10:20:11 pm »

Yeah, I am bad about finding spoilers, so I played the first 60 hours or so without the guide. The way I'm trying to use it now is as a checklist to see which side quests I haven't done yet and finding out the triggers for them.

I didn't have the guide for Fallout 3 at all, and while I know I missed a lot of stuff (even though I used the Wiki to make sure I visited every location at least once), it was kind of cool to be able to just wander around on my own and mess around with stuff.

In other news, I just discovered a cave that had a trunk inside with over 7500 caps. I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm socially secure!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »

Yeah, I am bad about finding spoilers, so I played the first 60 hours or so without the guide. The way I'm trying to use it now is as a checklist to see which side quests I haven't done yet and finding out the triggers for them.

I didn't have the guide for Fallout 3 at all, and while I know I missed a lot of stuff (even though I used the Wiki to make sure I visited every location at least once), it was kind of cool to be able to just wander around on my own and mess around with stuff.

In other news, I just discovered a cave that had a trunk inside with over 7500 caps. I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm socially secure!

Holy crap! Nice!

I did just find what looks like a promising safehouse (with both benches inside, but I'm not sure of the closest campfire) but I don't want to spoil it for you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »

I'm level 30 and took the "Explorer" perk, and have visited about 60% of in-game locations at least once. I've also completed all but 10 side-quests for which I'm eligible (some I can't do because I opted not to work with Caesar's Legion.) I'm only halfway through Act II of the main quest, but that's because I've been purposely holding off on making some important decisions so I could focus on as many side quests as possible.

I wouldn't worry about spoilers with me.

I do need to correct my statement upthread about the Khans. They're NOT slavers -- drug-runners, yes, but slavers, no. The Legion are slavers, and those are the bastards I won't work with. I met a large number of Khans recently and, for the most part, they seem pretty decent. I've opted to not piss them off, even if they did ally with the Legion. They're actually quite a separate group.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

I'm vilified with the legion, but ok with NCR (although I don't think that'll last). I tried to hold off on making enemies with the legion, but I ended up having to cut a bunch of them down, and now of course we scrap every time we see each other. I'm vilified with Powder Gangers, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 02:45:29 am »

I beat the game today. I won't say what ending I chose until you get to that point yourself, but the endgame was GOOOOOOOOD. Not quite as satisfying or clear-cut as the ending of 3, but it definitely had me wanting to go back and do things again just to see them play out in a different way. I am trying really hard not to just read all the endings and ruin it for myself forever.

I think I'm going to go back to the midpoint and finish with the other 2 alliances I didn't choose this time through, and then start a new character and ally with the Legion and be a little more of a bad guy. Should be interesting.

I really want to get Dead Money now, though. Apparently, they're working on 4 more expansions already! Can't wait.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 04:12:53 am »

I am pretty excited about playing it evil next time, I think I mentioned. I wanted to play some today, but stupid work. I'm still nervous about deathclaws, but everyone else I can pretty much whack.

You had said that you didn't want to hear about Boone, because you were going to get him - did you do so? I know there are quite a few other companions, and I'm pretty sure I saw some info that says that I've already wrecked at least one of them this playthrough, but I'm just wondering how you feel about them. ED-E and Boone pretty much fuck up everyone I come across - I'm happy with them. On the other hand, during 3 I got Dogmeat a few times but rarely ventured with him, and then toward the end of the last playthrough I got Fawkes and he rains terror down on everything.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:56 am »

I did end up recruiting all the companions except one, and finishing their quests. I opted not to recruit the last one because he had a free quest instead of a regular type side quest, but I forgot at the time that there's an achievement for getting all potential companions, so I think on my next playthrough I'll pick him up and finish that.

I thought Boone was OK, but he wasn't my favorite. ED-E rocked as a second companion, especially since he's impervious to radiation as well as animal venom. I think you'll be able to figure out who my favorites were when you meet them. I mean, I'm pretty predictable in that regard, I think.

I think when I play through as a bad guy, I'm going to skip companions entirely. A lot of them won't hang with you long if you're allied with Caesar anyhow.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 05:07:50 am »

There are several things that bug me about Boone, as opposed to ED-E. Firstly, when ED-E plays his little tune, he's pretty much going to kill something, as opposed to Boone dicking around taking out his weapon and running in circles and then putting it away. Another is that Boone keeps talking about how he's this sniper, but then he often (really often) yards out his melee weapon. I suppose I can solve that by taking it away from him. I do, however, enjoy giving him a bunch of dynamite and standing back (except when he throws it at me).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2011, 03:37:08 pm »

I <3 ED-E's little musical interludes. They are so cute.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 06:52:48 pm »

Did you ever do much gambling? It seems like the prizes aren't very good, and I'm not really short of money. I'm not sure what the point is - did I miss a big prize available somewhere?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2011, 07:14:33 am »

my illegal download copy of the game crashed like 20 minutes in. Not sure if I want to try again.

man, you'd think they would have some quality control over this stuff.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sloppy Fallout 3 Makeouts
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2011, 05:04:12 pm »

Bethesda is notorious for putting out fairly buggy stuff. My FO3:NV locks up periodically when fast-travelling. I save early and often. My PS3 version of FO3 ended up unplayable when the save files got too large for it to handle (a known, unpatched bug) - about halfway through, maybe.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up