Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I never...  (Read 16116 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011, 01:51:10 am »

I have never been camping!

We slept in a tent in the backyard with our kids last spring, but I have never been honest-to-goodness camping. We're hoping to do that this fall, though.

Who here has never been giraffeing?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 02:07:30 am »

Wow, that there are people who have never been camping... that's incredibly hard for me to get my head around. 

I've never been in the girl guides, but that wasn't a common experience among people around me.

I've never watched "Three and a Half Men," "King of Queens," "Grey's Anatomy,"  "The Big Bang Theory," "How I Met Your Mother," or the majority of other sitcoms and popular TV currently running in 2011.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 02:33:37 am »

I've never watched any of those shows on TV but I've seen some on the plane because sometimes after I watch the movie I have 22.5 minutes to kill.

I've been giraffeing and camping. And fishing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011, 02:36:22 am »

That people would sleep outside in a non-apocalyptic scenario is incredibly hard for me to get my head around.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I never...
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011, 03:29:22 am »

That people would sleep outside in a non-apocalyptic scenario is incredibly hard for me to get my head around.

when you get to pee outside its like, "fuck you, societal conventions!"
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2011, 04:36:33 am »

when you get to pee outside its like, "fuck you, societal conventions!"

And when you get to shit outside it's like . . . that's disgusting! What am I, a savage?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I never...
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2011, 05:55:30 am »

I miss camping a lot. Maybe i will do that this summer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2011, 08:51:37 am »

That people would sleep outside in a non-apocalyptic scenario is incredibly hard for me to get my head around.

Ah,  yes, but see, I've never slept outside.  I've slept in a tent or a camper, camper trailer, pr motor home.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2011, 08:56:10 am »

Ah,  yes, but see, I've never slept outside.  I've slept in a tent or a camper, camper trailer, pr motor home.

You're just not getting drunk enough. Well, I call that sleeping, anyway.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I never...
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2011, 10:26:19 am »

the only bad thing about sleeping under the stars is waking up covered in dewthe piss of a nocturnal animal.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »

Ah,  yes, but see, I've never slept outside.  I've slept in a tent or a camper, camper trailer, pr motor home.

This is the difference between you and city kids like me and Cort. To is, sleeping in a tent is sleeping OUTSIDE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2011, 04:23:45 pm »

This is the difference between you and city kids like me and Cort. To is, sleeping in a tent is sleeping OUTSIDE.

Exactly. Is there climate control, cable tv, and a hot shower? No? Then your ass is outside.

I've never ridden a bicycle that doesn't brake by peddling backwards.

I've never seen an entire inning of baseball or more than 10 minutes of a car race.

I've never been skiing (snow or water) or properly climbed a tree (the one I did climb had boards nailed into it)
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2011, 09:53:58 pm »

I've never water skied either.  The one time we went, I wasn't strong enough to hold on while the boat pulled me out of the water - and shortly thereafter a friend of the family tore his rectum during a wipeout.  Bruises, broken bones, burns, insect bites - all these seem reasonable risks for recreational activity.  A torn rectum (let alone peritonitis, strictures, etc) isn't.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

I water skiied once.  I didn't tear my rectum, but I thought I had tore my leg off.  I couldn't walk for several days after that one.  Never saw the doctor, presume it was a pulled muscle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »

Exactly. Is there climate control, cable tv, and a hot shower? No? Then your ass is outside.

I haven't been inside in years, I guess.  I have lived in places with none of those things too, though usually just not the first two if shit is going well.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up