Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: I never...  (Read 16099 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2011, 11:59:47 pm »

I have a smartphone but it's not an iPhone. I am really happy now that I have the internet in my pocket. It's too bad that as a phone it's a piece of shit, but I don't spend as much time on the phone as the internet so I am willing to put up with the tradeoff.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2011, 02:01:46 am »

So, this came up today at dinner with my parents:

I never walked in on my parents having sex.

Thank heaven.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I never...
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2011, 03:08:57 am »

have I mentioned before that I am kind of worried that my parents have no sex life at all?

Like, with the layout of our house, there is no way for them to have sex. I don't remember their door ever being closed, I never heard noises... nothing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2011, 03:29:46 am »

I thought that for a while too, but then two things happened:

1) My mom indicated otherwise
2) I became a parent and had to figure out how to make it work

In a lot of ways, having kids in the house is like being a teenager again -- trying not to get caught, doing it at weird times and occasionally weird places.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I never...
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2011, 03:32:48 am »

that is kind of what my life is like with roommates sometimes. Especially when I had the roommate who would open the door and walk into my bedroom, I imagine kids love to do that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: I never...
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:42 pm »

I never walked in on my folks, either, but I only have one memory of my father living in the same house with my mother, so it's not that odd.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:17 pm »

that is kind of what my life is like with roommates sometimes. Especially when I had the roommate who would open the door and walk into my bedroom, I imagine kids love to do that.

Oh, gracious...you just brought back a repressed memory from college...I can't tell it in public, though.

Yikes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I never...
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »

I never walked in on my parents doing it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up