Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Some TV show I didn't just see.  (Read 58734 times)

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 08:15:55 pm »

This whole season of Mad Men has done something magnificent when it comes to showing tragedy from within.  No words needed.  Peggy's face when Don takes her hand, Joan's face when she's undoing her dress, Lane's face when he sees the car.  Such epic emotions, yet so contained.  

Only one episode left, and it feels like their season has barely begun.  Only two more seasons.  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:56:32 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2012, 06:05:22 am »

season two of game of thrones just ended, and the fifth book has been out a while now. is anybody here watching or reading? i would enjoy discussion threads if there's any interest.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2012, 06:58:20 am »

I like Girls very much and I do not care who knows it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2012, 07:09:54 am »

Good for you for being an unabashed fan of something terrible. Myself, I like Ke$ha.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2012, 02:24:33 am »

I've watched Game of Thrones all the way up to season 2, episode 9. I haven't yet acquired the 10th.

I don't think I can wait for another whole year for the next season. I may start reading the books. But since the author hasn't finished those yet, I'll be in the same situation all over again.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2012, 04:52:11 am »

i read the first book before the first season, and the second and third before the second season started. now that it's over, i've started from the books over before i read the third and fourth, and i'll probably read the fifth before next season begins. what excites me about the show (besides the acting and production) is how it's different from the books. sometimes the changes fit seamlessly and other times i'm disappointed, but it's an added layer of thrill.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 08:02:55 pm »

We have been watching Game of Thrones here as well. We've seen the first three so far. I haven't read the books, but Pedro has, so he's been filling me in on the stuff I'm missing as the show progresses. As a result, it takes us an hour and a half to two hours to watch each episode due to frequent pausing-and-explaining.

I can't keep the character and tribal names straight, so I make up my own. Lord Sisterfucker, Queen Slutbags, Blondie McBlondsalot, the Klingon Cherokees (and their leader, Silent Cal), Sir Dances-with-Wolves, Prince Weasel#####.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »

don't put him (or yourself) through that, read the books. the first season follows along pretty directly, but the second season veers quite a bit. you'll still be surprised and pleased.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2012, 02:05:09 am »

Oh, he enjoys it. It sounds annoying as hell, but actually we both really like it. We don't just talk about plot points; I speculate about the potential ramifications of a particular action and he coyly tries to avoid confirming or denying my suspicions. It's fun. It's a chance to engage in conversation instead of just passively zoning out in front of the telly at the end of the day.

Also, dude, I have so many books on my plate right now that I just had two e-books expire from my reader before I could finish them. One I was 60 pages shy of finishing and the other I didn't even start. And I got the first book of the Millennium Trilogy today, no way am I going to start yet another series right now. No frickin' way.

'Sides, the next series (after Larsson's) is The Hunger Games. I have decided to read the books first and see the movie after, and I would like to see the films before my children are old enough to make fun of me for not having watched them.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »

Thread relevant: A pretty well done Game of Thrones hip-hop song
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2012, 03:44:06 am »

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2012, 03:51:20 am »

I say the thing about Game of Thrones that I make fun of people for saying about Mad Men. Those characters are just TOO MEAN and I can't enjoy watching it.

After the season finale of Girls, I am restating my opinion. I love that show, and I don't care who knows it. And why would I, when it is clearly a superbly made show?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2012, 11:52:28 am »

ive been slowly making my way through ST:DS9(insta-view on netflix).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2012, 03:13:11 pm »

Are there enough of us watching/reading Game of Thrones to have a dedicated thread about it? I'm up to ep6s1 and we watch about 3 eps a week, so I should be caught up to the current season fairly soon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Some TV show I didn't just see.
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2012, 05:14:19 pm »

I watched the entire second season of Louis in 2 days. That is a very good show. I especially liked the part where he fucked Joan Rivers. And the scene where he talked about shitting 4 donuts was hilarious.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up