Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...  (Read 29001 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 04:21:22 am »

He appeared in an episode of Dexter.  He had a small role.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:32 pm »

So apparently it's his birthday. I'd like to think there's some kind of deep connection we have. We're both Leos or something? More likely, maybe they mentioned his birthday on NPR this morning when I was still waking up. Perhaps most likely, coincidence. Am I more infatuated with Malcolm Jamal Warner than is healthy? Without a doubt.

I always kind of thought you were MJW.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 09:57:11 pm »

Hoping the hot performance of the Habaneros continues with the Paprykaz.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 01:29:25 am »

So far seven teams. The rest of you, let's see some hustle out there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:18 pm »

Christian End, an assistant professor at Xavier University in Cincinnati, who specializes in sports fan behavior, said there are several factors for unruliness at sporting events—including the magnitude of the game, if it is between arch rivals, adrenaline and alcohol. There’s also “deindividuation,” when fans supporting a particular team adopt a group mentality and may become uncivil.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

Choop and Paul are out, and we haven't heard from TeenGirlSquad, so if anyone has any ideas, they're appreciated. Cort, inev, Doc, Keith, GKA, lprkn? I can never remember who gives a shit about this game. I'd love for ark to play, but he's around so rarely he might not see an invite for a bit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 09:43:48 pm »

MisterQ.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41:16 am »

I'll do it if y'all really need me to.  Last time I had Randy moss and Tom Brady that season they blew up and went almost undefeated and didn't win, that kinda soured me on fantasy sports.  It wasn't like my team blew either, it was like I was in first all year and got unlucky in playoffs.  That same year or the one before I got chris Johnson after our draft and before anyone had heard of him.  I finished second that year too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 02:01:05 am »

I'll do it if y'all really need me to.  Last time I had Randy moss and Tom Brady that season they blew up and went almost undefeated and didn't win, that kinda soured me on fantasy sports.  It wasn't like my team blew either, it was like I was in first all year and got unlucky in playoffs.  That same year or the one before I got chris Johnson after our draft and before anyone had heard of him.  I finished second that year too.

I did that with Arian Foster last year, and Joe Horn in 2000. Other than that, I'm not good at sleepers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 03:09:00 am »

Ok, we have eight now. Regular season starts Thursday, Sept 8th (NO at GB). I would really prefer to run a live draft, as that is something I really, really enjoy about fantasy football. If nobody really cares, I'd like to do that and to accommodate whoever we can. I'm pretty sure we did this either last year or the year before. If someone has some real heartache about it I'll table the motion. Also, I did change a few of the settings, so if anyone has an issue with them let me know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 03:11:03 am »

I'm the eighth.

Look, you're the Commish. Do things whatever way you want to.  Anybody who takes this stuff seriously enough to get pissed off about it doesn't belong in our league.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 08:32:05 am »

Hell, I barely know which cities have NFL teams anymore so... I'm down for whatever the people Way Into It are.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:05 pm »

I'm the eighth.

Look, you're the Commish. Do things whatever way you want to.  Anybody who takes this stuff seriously enough to get pissed off about it doesn't belong in our league.

Hey now, my heart wells with love for you people. I'm trying to be everything to everyone.

Ok, I think I'm going to try to set up a live draft for the evening of Wednesday the 31st. More details to follow (I have to try to set it up from my room, as my WiFi has gone away from the office).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 06:35:21 pm »

It's set up for 6:30 pm August 31st, but I'm not married to that time/date. I would kind of like more time to prep (since I'm at work) but I'd also like to set it up for s time where others would be able to take part, at least for the first several rounds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhat sheepishly returning to the ol' pigskin...
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 05:28:20 am »

Alaska or Pacific time?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up