Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Election '12  (Read 51058 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2012, 02:49:00 am »

And how is that not the PMCD experience? Is it a different flaming car with a dancer on top of it than Dragonfire?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2012, 04:05:49 am »

Point taken. I did get a few smiles too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2012, 05:28:00 am »

I ain't got a flaming car. I've owned a car that caught fire, but I didn't have any control over it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2012, 05:35:48 am »

I ain't got a flaming car. I've owned a car that caught fire, but I didn't have any control over it.

I had a truck that caught fire on me.  It was this truck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2012, 05:51:10 am »

I thought it was going to be the one where you lost the Rick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Election '12
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »

Our cork board has a little editorial comment posted running Obama down for the high price of gas.

My counter-query to that: if Obama COULD score cheap political points by lowering gas prices in an election year, don't you think he would have already done so?
(And if he didn't, wouldn't the editorial commenter then criticize him for doing something to score cheap political points?)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Election '12
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »

Isn't it pretty clear that the gas price run-up has been a mix of trader profiteering and sabre-rattling against Iran?

Hasn't Obama been trying to fight against both those things as much as the situations reasonably allow?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Election '12
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:49 pm »

Yes and Yes. But some people just like inventing reasons to be mad at Obama.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »

What am I missing with the dude on the right? What does his sign mean? LaRouche is Kennedy?

I take it to mean that the President should be assassinated.  And since I've written that in plain text, this whole board is now being monitored by the FBI.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »

You know, Tersk, ROT13 was invented for a reason!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »

He doesn't get credit for chasing down and executing Osama Bin Laden. Indeed, he is blamed for being soft. I am pretty sure he could not do anything positive in the ultra-right's minds.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2012, 11:05:09 pm »

Why are we talking nice about any of these cocksuckers?

The least harmful poison is still poison.

Rock it up and all, but I'm down with several things my president has done. I would not characterize him as a cocksucker.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2012, 11:47:51 pm »

This reminds me, I saw some Parks & Rec yesterday and suddenly I get the Ash/Ron Swanson thing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Election '12
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2012, 12:00:17 am »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Election '12
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:36 am »

Dude, you may wish to back that off a notch. I get you're hella pissed. Feel free to get that I don't share that, and that doesn't make me wrong. Or don't, you know - I ain't give a fuck.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Up