My girlfriend only wears make-up to job interviews and weddings and I LIKE that.
Me, too. Well, sometimes to church, if I'm up early enough and the kids cooperate. And sometimes on our once-a-month date nights, if we go someplace fancy.
I like that I know *how* to put on makeup, having been raised by one of those women who won't even go to the grocery store without full makeup and perfect hair. But I thoroughly enjoy the freedom of not giving a fuck what most people think of my appearance.
Mainly, the underarm stubble comment -- which was intended to be a passing thought, not a full-blown debate, I think we are missing the point of this random thoughts thread -- came about because it doesn't feel good to have, speaking as the grower of the hair in question. Even less so on the bikini area. I got lazy about tidying up my lady bits last week, and the resulting irritation and chafing was so bad I had to skip wearing panties for about a day and a half.
But I thought I'd mention the armpits instead, because it seemed more polite.