Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64980 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2011, 04:26:07 pm »

As if it weren't bad enough, that the lady who lived here before us planted wisteria.

To paraphrase a wise woman: Sometimes I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about and I'm OK with that.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2011, 05:22:48 pm »

I think there is no root barrier on earth that will contain some kinds of bamboo, it really just shouldn't be done. Evil stuff.

I'm currently toying with an idea for a science fiction story that involves importing animals from another planet. I want it to start out where everything's cool and we're doing it right because mankind finally really learned the lesson about invasive species, but I keep being derailed by bitter laughter at the utter improbability of that scenario. It's too unlikely even for science fiction.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:54 pm »

I think there is no root barrier on earth that will contain some kinds of bamboo, it really just shouldn't be done. Evil stuff.

I'm currently toying with an idea for a science fiction story that involves importing animals from another planet. I want it to start out where everything's cool and we're doing it right because mankind finally really learned the lesson about invasive species, but I keep being derailed by bitter laughter at the utter improbability of that scenario. It's too unlikely even for science fiction.

Do it.

Those of you with kids who watched Veggie Tales will know what I mean when I say that I am pretty sure The Rumor Weed was inspired by Phil Vischer trying to dig bamboo out of his garden.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »

Here's a random thought for you.  Did you know that Veggie Tales is a Jewish thing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:13 am »

To paraphrase a wise woman: Sometimes I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about and I'm OK with that.

Word.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:29 am »

Here's a random thought for you.  Did you know that Veggie Tales is a Jewish thing?

Really?  In my informal google search everything I find describes them as children's entertainment promoting Christian values, where  do you get the "Jewish thing" from?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2011, 04:30:33 am »

Bad teeth are my kryptonite.  You're talking about slightly crooked teeth, like Jewel has for instance, which can be cute, , but for me, bad teeth in general are probably my biggest turn off.
I honestly have a thing for slightly fucked up teeth. Could just be because I'm self-conscious about my own teeth, but there's something attractive about a lady whose teeth aren't unnaturally white and straight.
Girls in Japan are going to the orthodontist for this look


Is it right to call them an orthodontist if they're taking straight teeth and making them crooked?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:35:24 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2011, 05:20:27 am »

Let me clarify.  Crooked teeth are cute.  Dirty diseased or missing teeth is gross. Very gross.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2011, 05:42:04 am »

I find crooked teeth really distracting. Even if they are only a little crooked.

Right now I am debating which winter boots to buy. I found these LL Bean ones that I really like, that have great reviews. "I've had mine for 10 years," etc. On the other hand, there are these other ones that are 20$ cheaper, and probably look just as good in real life. Unfortunately, crappy photography on the second pair.

I have definitely decided that my past solutions to this problem (1. buy shitty boots that wore out really fast 2. wear normal sneakers all winter) were failures.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:50:41 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2011, 05:53:07 am »

I'm kind of a stickler for good skin and good teeth. Bad teeth or bad skin can deduct 20% of attractiveness off a lady for me.

I think we all got our ways that we hew toward the common conceptions of beauty and hew away from the common conceptions.

I tend to not have the common view of where a lady is too heavy-set to be attractive and I tend to enjoy all forms of noses whereas some fellows seem to only want a lady with a conventionally white-lookin' nose. I like women of a height that some fellows would find intimidating or vaguely masculine.

But good skin and good teeth are ten hells of important to me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2011, 06:04:20 am »

Here's a random thought for you.  Did you know that Veggie Tales is a Jewish thing?
I call bullshit.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2011, 07:19:27 am »

I call bullshit.

A couple of years ago I was at the home of friends who are Jewish and they put on Veggie Tales for their daughter to watch.  I was surprised they were watching Veggie Tales because I thought it was Christian.  They insisted that it was made by and for Jews.  That's why all of their "tales" are from the old testament.  They pointed out all the Jewish names in the credits as further proof that it was a Jewish show.

Obviously it's not exclusively for Jews because Christians and even some non believers love it too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:15 am »

Doing some simple research, the first two things advertised on their website's store were Veggie Tale adaptations of "O Holy Night" and "The Little Drummer Boy" so...

I think your friends are wrong, respectfully.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:19 am »

A couple of years ago I was at the home of friends who are Jewish and they put on Veggie Tales for their daughter to watch.  I was surprised they were watching Veggie Tales because I thought it was Christian.  They insisted that it was made by and for Jews.  That's why all of their "tales" are from the old testament.  They pointed out all the Jewish names in the credits as further proof that it was a Jewish show.

Obviously it's not exclusively for Jews because Christians and even some non believers love it too.

Respectfully, I think this belongs in "Shit my___________says".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »

Now we are arguing about what religion vegetables are?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Up