Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65203 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2012, 10:29:07 pm »

LiveNation? I don't know what you have my preferences set as, but I don't need to be invited to a presale of Nickelback with Bush, Seether, and Darkest Days tickets.

Your preferences are set as DOOOOOOOOOOOOORK.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2012, 01:59:59 am »

UOP is deeply ashamed that an alumnus doesn't recognize the stately visage of T. Herman Zweibel, the late Founder-emeritus of The Onion, a news-paper recognized even by the Chinese as Americas Finest News Source!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2012, 02:11:16 am »

Odd thing: you can't buy booze at a supermarket in my state but liquor stores are open later than markets, including on Sundays so I guess it might actually be an inconvenience at this point?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2012, 03:10:43 am »

BTW: I got yelled at buying some beer at the grocery store the other day. It seems the new law in California is that you can't buy booze in the self check lanes, you have to go to the old style lane with a human checker. I didn't know this until some dude in such as a store uniform yelled at me when I was in the self check.

Yes, I yelled back, but it wasn't personal.

I'm more bugged out by the state putting up barriers between me and my beer. This is not good, folks. Next thing you know I'll have to go to a special store and make sure I'm stocked up enough to make it through the "Dry Sunday's" and shit like that.

I have to go to a special store to make it through Dry Sundays (or I can just go to a bar or restaurant that serves booze) but I can buy beer in a self check lane. They have someone there to help stupid people and check IDs. Of course I can't buy beer over 4% abv, wine or booze in a self check lane because the special stores don't have those.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2012, 05:36:48 am »

The police copter is circling over my neighbourhood on this cold, dark night.  It's minus twenty-eight Fahrenheit with the windchill right now.  I'd hate to be a criminal roaming the streets tonight.  Or any night really.  But tonight's especially bad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:25 pm »

I have a fully stocked bar in my basement (well, not fully, but gin/tequila/vodka/rum/several scotches/bourbons/whisk(e)ys and assorted beers/wines/ciders) because why would you ever take the chance of a Dry Sunday? Not, of course, that Portland has such a thing.

Also, I like to be hospitable to ridiculous extremes.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

I have a fully stocked bar in my basement (well, not fully, but gin/tequila/vodka/rum/several scotches/bourbons/whisk(e)ys and assorted beers/wines/ciders) because why would you ever take the chance of a Dry Sunday? Not, of course, that Portland has such a thing.

Also, I like to be hospitable to ridiculous extremes.



nabus' is the place to get hella slanty at any given time.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »

A good host is always prepared for guest.  Nabu is a good host.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »

Plus after you get a few drinks in you, you can plug in and let 'er rip.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:11 pm »

So, I just read the following word in print:

crummie

That doesn't seem right. How would you spell it? I think it's either crummy or crumby. Isn't it a derivative of crumb?

(And by in print I mean in phosphor as I'm bored at work and reading ancient blogs.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #250 on: January 21, 2012, 01:28:41 am »

crummy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2012, 04:48:12 am »

The bad thing is this was something written by a guy who knocks down a lot of money to write.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2012, 08:06:05 pm »

What's more amazing, the miracle you prayed for, or the one that you never dared to dream of?

That's how I'm going to respond if my kids ever ask whether they were "accidents."

Too precious? Maybe. But also true.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »

"wait, mom, you never dared to dream you might have a kid? What, did your parents never tell you about the birds and the bees?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2012, 01:33:19 am »

Do kids really ask that question? I mean, doesn't that question involve way too much thinking about your parents having sex? Gross.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up