Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 65179 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2012, 04:30:42 am »

Neither of my parents said word one to me about sex, other than my mom once telling me not to close the door to my room if I was in there with a girl.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2012, 04:52:53 am »

During my formative/puberty years, my parents openly hated each other so much that I never had to worry about thinking they were having sex.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2012, 05:12:24 am »

My sex ed included some pamphlets appearing on my bed without explanation or a word, and also at school one of the nuns (in the schools chapel!) explaining about condoms and showing a couple films.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2012, 03:43:53 pm »

I did get some ed in school, including a moment where a gentleman of somewhat reduced stature (I don't know what anything is correctly referred to as anymore) asked if he might hurt a partner if he was too largely endowed. I have never forgotten this, and I do fervently hope that he was amply rewarded between the sheets by many adoring partners.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2012, 03:52:54 pm »

at school one of the nuns (in the schools chapel!) explaining about condoms

Ugh, could scar a person for life.

We had, like, hippie liberal sex ed in high school, which I guess was easier than it could have been because it was all girls. All I remember is someone asking the teacher what an orgasm felt like and her comparing it to a sneeze, and a condom being passed around and everyone holding it with only two fingers like it had cooties. Even though it might have still been wrapped, I can't recall.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2012, 03:58:42 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but it's sort of random: sometimes when I see inev's handle I think of Exploding Plastic Inevitable. And yes, I'll be embarrassed if it turns out that's what it refers to.

Also, I have come to a point where if I mistype something on the computer and it isn't auto-corrected I am sometimes surprised.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »

I think Inev was like, 12 when he first signed up here so probably not.  Although he is rather precocious so maybe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2012, 06:15:18 pm »

Do kids really ask that question? I mean, doesn't that question involve way too much thinking about your parents having sex? Gross.

Around my grade school, the kids talked about it like being an "accident" was a thing of shame. It was a way the bullies had of making you feel like nobody wanted you.

When I asked Mom if I was an accident -- being 10 years younger than my only sibling, I was routinely called out for being a probable mistake -- my mom told me that she wanted me so much that she tried for seven years to have me, and her prayers were finally answered. I didn't find out 'til much later that she had two miscarriages and had given up, so I was a very welcome surprise, but any insecurities I had about possibly not being planned for were cleared up right then and there.

It apparently wasn't just where I grew up, though, because Pedro and his siblings all know their exact status. One adopted, one planned, and three surprises. His sister objects to the term "accident," and always defensively states, "There are no accidents, only blessings!"

It's a Thing. For reals.

"wait, mom, you never dared to dream you might have a kid? What, did your parents never tell you about the birds and the bees?"

After my son's diagnosis with autism, I had given up the dream of having any more kids, ever. I didn't think I could handle the stress of having 2 kids, especially with the elevated chance (1 in 4) of having another child on the spectrum. Turns out I'm tougher than I thought I was, what do you know.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »

yeah, Inevitable came from Exploding Plastic Inevitable. I don't completely remember why. My dumb whiny livejournal was called something riffing on that name and I used it for here too.

I am pretty sure I was a surprise. Or else my mom is an insane person who thought that it would be a great idea to have a kid right before she had to defend her PhD thesis. Which is possible.

And I was 17 or 18 when I started here, not 12. But I know you're just teasing, Paul.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2012, 02:54:59 am »

And even if you were 12, why would you not be able to know about that? It happened before I was born, and I know about it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

Ron Swanson has long reminded me of the Ash

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2012, 09:26:01 am »

Speaking of random, a linguistic rant inspired by YITR?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2012, 05:28:11 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2012, 02:44:47 pm »

The giant hideous margarita glass fell to the floor itself and smashed into many pieces.  I was nowhere near it at the time, and therefor carry no guilt about the ugly souvenir brought back by my inlaws being destroyed shortly after it was given and before I ever drank out of it.  The only real disappointment was all the glass shards I had to sweep up.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »

There is such a thing as too much macaroni and cheese.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Up