Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 64935 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:33 pm »



I know better than to try to compete with a puppy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »

When a teen is having a pity party on Facebook, quoting Tennyson at them and reminding them that their situation is no novelty to the human condition is unlikely to be viewed as helpful in the slightest.

Fuck that though, it amuses the piss out of me.

I wonder if sniveling on the internet works better for the teen than whatever kids used to do 50 years ago.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »

Doubtful. How do you think I got the Tennyson thrown at me originally?

Passing It On.

I guess maybe the internet makes it easier but makes the kids softer, so it balances out. (I got a talking to at work today because I gave some of the guys I supervise hurt feelings, so I'm kind of on this tip right now.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:42 am »

It takes most people until they're 27 to not be dick-bags.

Not coincidentally, a lot of angsty rockstars die around that time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2012, 01:25:16 am »

I remember the most frustrating thing about being a teenager being that I knew I was being unreasonable and angsty, but I couldn't stop.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:43 pm »

I remember the most frustrating thing about being a teenager being that I knew I was being unreasonable and angsty, but I couldn't stop.

Hey, I remember that! We're all glad you changed.

How could I resist?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #336 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:06 pm »

Hm, the tap water smells like giraffe. Must be getting close to payday.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #337 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »

It takes most people until they're 27 to not be dick-bags.

I pondered throwing a coffee mug at a coworker today because he was eating candy.

Smick: Throwing the dickbag/age curve for everyone.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2012, 11:20:03 pm »

I pondered throwing a coffee mug at a coworker today because he was eating candy.

said the adult who rides a unicycle for fun
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2012, 03:05:40 am »

Oh... it's not for fun.

It is with purpose.

Also, I didn't ponder throwing the mug because I felt it was childish to eat candy.   I was enraged by wrapper noise.  (Also that this dudes cube is where people congregate to eat candy and bullshit and FUCK THEM.  FUCK THEM!  FUCK THEM!)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:59 am »

I bought a nice bag off the internet and it looks completely idiotic on me. It is clearly child-sized. Now I have to figure out how to mail this back to the company in England. dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #341 on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:33 am »

Did I talk about seeing candy wrappers in the stall at work? People, Jesus Christ - no candy when you are taking a shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:08 pm »

Did I talk about seeing candy wrappers in the stall at work? People, Jesus Christ - no candy when you are taking a shit.

maybe the person was hella full and he had to shit in order to make room for the candy?

(doesnt justify the wrappers not being properly taken care of, but its a poop joke.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:40 pm »

I am convinced from how people seem to homestead on the public stalls at work that they aren't so much as shitting as having a little bit of the "saddest me times".

It's an Albertism
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45:11 pm »

I used to do that when I worked at Walmart.  Just sit in the bathroom stall for a bit of unfettered depression.  Sometimes tears.  God I hated that job.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up