Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry CHRISTmas!  (Read 17808 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2011, 01:29:47 pm »

I managed to get in the Christmas spirit yesterday, with the help of my good buddy Johnny Walker.
If I drink scotch two Christmases in a row, that makes it a tradition, right?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 12:34:48 am »

I was with my mother's family for Christmas.

They're teetotalers.

Made me miss my in-laws, a little bit.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2012, 12:43:58 am »

I was with my mother's family for Christmas.

They're teetotalers.

Made me miss my in-laws, a little bit.
I went from one party where old women were hammering scotch like frat boys to another "party" where a dude had a martini and everyone joked about how he had a smile on his face.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2012, 02:19:11 am »

They're teetotalers.

My parents and sisters don't drink at all. Luckily I get along with them really well.

I feel your pain though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2012, 04:28:13 am »

I don't drink at all.  Does that mean you don't want to party with me?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 02:33:49 pm »

No, I'm just saying it would suck to spend Christmas with my family if I didn't like them and they didn't have booze in the house. At least half of my good friends don't drink.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2012, 04:16:47 pm »

My parents and brother are fine. They don't drink, but I like them.

The extended family is a drama hurricane, and although I am not much of a drinker myself, being around them for five straight hours would be more bearable if I could pound a couple of jack and cokes while I was there.

I muddled through by roping the tolerable few into a board game, so it was all good.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 07:09:53 pm »

There was once a Christmas with my in-laws where my MIL assigned me the duty of assuring a drink was in her hands at all times.  I was actually pretty fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »

Welcome to presbyterian english family celebration where we raise the roof like its 1922 and we pretend to tolerate each other for a few hours. MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2012, 12:05:06 am »

not drinking is fine, i wouldn't begrudge it of anybody. so long as they don't begrudge my drinking.

it's like, you're free to swing your arms wantonly, but your right to do so ends at my face.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 12:25:26 am »

it's like, you're free to swing your arms wantonly, but your right to do so ends at my face.

that applies to everything in life.  perfect.  you have the rights to a tcodp.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 12:40:00 am »

Half my family drinks too much and half doesn't drink at all. I fuck it all up by spending half my time in each camp.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 02:10:44 am »

nobody in my extended family drinks more than like a glass of wine with dinner. Maybe they secretly all get drunk on wine when I am not around.

None of them wanted spiked eggnog OR spiked apple cider. Even my brother (who is 20) does not drink at all. What gives? I drink so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 02:46:46 am »

I have hell of alcoholics on both sides of my family.  I drank my share, but I quit four years ago.  Don't miss it much at all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Merry CHRISTmas!
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2012, 02:50:27 am »

Half my family drinks too much and half doesn't drink at all. I fuck it all up by spending half my time in each camp.

Good. Keep 'em guessing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up