File this under "things you might say you miss but really don't" for me.
Now all I got to do is say "go back and wash your hands."
I wouldn't even say I miss it. I didn't mind changing diapers at the time, but holy hell am I glad I don't have to do it any more. I got crapped on every single time I changed my son for the first six weeks of his life.
We are donating Chaos Girl's birth-to-booster carseat to a family in need, and I was talking to her about how she's going to get a big-girl seat and her old seat is going to a new baby. (Her response: "A little baby? That's so cute!") I put one of her dolls in it to make sure the five-point harness was threaded correctly, and looked at it and realized that babies are really small. Really, really small.
Then I looked at Chaos and said, "What happened to my little baby girl?" She climbed into my lap and said, "Goo goo." And I said, "Oh, sweetie. I love you. I'm glad you're growing up. Because babies are stinky." She thought that was pretty hilarious. "Stinky babies! You silly, mama." Yeah.
I'm the silly one.
What I'm saying here is, babies are awesome when they're babies, and it just gets better when they become kids. Congrats again, Turbo Ninja, and may your child be one of those wunderkinds who toilet trains herself by the age of two.