Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Wouldya?  (Read 25950 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 08:59:30 pm »

I have a longstanding crush on the girl who used to do Glad Bag commercials, and searching for her name brought me to this thread on Straight Dope. Guess I'm not the only one!

That jogged my memory regarding the lead actress in the New Prons' "The Laws Have Changed" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-LDCRL8Js
Apparently her name is Rachel Wainwright, which had eluded me for years.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 01:45:47 am »

Further down the thread she is identified as Melanie Deanne Paxson née Moore.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 01:50:20 am »

Hmm. I mean, she's very cute but I don't see a wow factor.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 05:26:34 am »

There's a woman in a Christmas commercial that I think is pretty cute, but I can't find the commercial so sorry.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:16 am »


This Girl in this really charming short movie I am watching, the Bakery Girl of Monceau.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »

I think Flo from the Progressive commercials is pretty hot, especially the one running now where she's in the rain with her wet clothes plastered to her dripping body.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »

You guys sure watch a lot of commericials. Don't you have Tivo or anything?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 06:01:21 pm »

You guys sure watch a lot of commericials. Don't you have Tivo or anything?

This is from Tivo'ing past it.

Also, if you want to watch sports live you're stuck with commercials.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:27 pm »

Flo's weird lack of a chin kills it for me.

I don't know why. When you're missing your chin... not like you lost it in an injury, not like you had a series of sad birth defects and missing a chin is just part of it, when you're a normal modestly-attractive person who happens to have no chin... that kills it for me. Especially with the clownish make-up she wears to draw the eye away from her total lack of anything a human being could call a chin.

I've just always assumed that she is someone's daughter or wife or lover or something, with how hard she gets pushed as being attractive in those ads despite looking like some kind of weird chinless hipster-Tammy-Faye-Bakker ersatz pastiche of a woman.

It is difficult to imagine someone looking at her casting photo off the street and thinking "yeah, that's our spokeswoman!"

Some kind of weapons-grade nepotism seems almost necessary for this to occur in a universe that still has laws underpinning it and stuff.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 08:19:12 pm »

Oh Mike.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 08:24:40 pm »

furiously youtubes

HOO-YAA!

That makes the cut, alrighty.



The stranded dude in that commercial is pretty easy on the eyes, too. Yowza. I'd skip the rental car, throw him in that backseat and steam up the windows 'til the rain stopped.

Wait, I mean, is my spouse still reading this? I mean, uh, I guess he's OK. If you're into that whole "athletic build, classically handsome" thing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 03:00:05 am »

Well, my unconscious served up quite the dream this morning. I had the most detailed sex dream I've ever had, with (to my total surprize) Anthony Bourdain.  It was pretty much the best erotic dream I've ever had.  I'd never thought of him in such a way in my waking life... until now that is.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 03:04:41 am »

I'm glad you enjoyed your dream, but that is going to give me nightmares.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 04:34:51 am »

As this movie started, I thought "man, I feel like I get better at perving on cute girls every day." And then the scene turned into this.

Have I told you about my queer punk band name? The Male Gaze/The Male Gays?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldya?
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:04 am »

I'm glad you enjoyed your dream, but that is going to give me nightmares.

Truth be told, I had a hard time finding any pictures of him that I find attractive, but apparently somewhere in the grey matter, I dig him.

Looking at the people I've listed off, I'm beginning to wonder if what I'm attracted to, on some level, is benign arrogance?  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:54:46 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up