Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no you dint!  (Read 239789 times)

0 Members and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1215 on: December 24, 2014, 07:46:59 pm »

I went to Plow & Hearth, resolving not to leave until I picked SOMETHING. Bought this goofy thing. http://www.plowhearth.com/solar-mercury-glass-mason-jar-with-color-changing-led-lights.htm
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1216 on: December 25, 2014, 02:18:55 pm »

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1217 on: December 25, 2014, 08:34:27 pm »

Merry Christmas, y'all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1218 on: December 25, 2014, 08:45:27 pm »

My bus caught on fire between Amarillo and raton at 6 am!  Had to go back to Amarillo, headed back now!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1219 on: December 26, 2014, 07:50:34 am »

Merry Christmas friends!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1220 on: December 29, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »

So how do you administer the eye medicine if the hoss isn't cooperating?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1221 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:30 pm »

I survived the holiday. The kids were actually pretty good, enjoyed their loot, and gave out some good stuff as well.
It's the grandparents who drive me bonkers. One grandma who is overly sensitive + another grandma who doesn't know how to accept gifts graciously, even if she doesn't like them = bad combination.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1222 on: December 29, 2014, 09:28:05 pm »

Went to visit relatives for Christmas for the first time in I can't remember how long. The nephew really wanted us to come and soon enough he'll be a teenager and won't give a fuck, so I figured it wouldn't happen again any time soon. Very complicated traveling with the pug geriatric ward. The blind one did great, actually, but the one on heart medicine that makes her pee all over the place was not an ideal guest. I warned them though and they still wanted us to come.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1223 on: December 29, 2014, 10:09:37 pm »

In other holiday news, a "gift" to the kids was the news that we're going to Florida at the end of January. The oldest is happy about going; the younger one is surprisingly cynical about the whole thing. I'm legit more excited than the two of them put together (but honestly, the trip is as much for Mrs. del Vaca and I as it is for them). 29 days to go.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1224 on: December 29, 2014, 10:51:24 pm »

My debut is finally online. Out of tune sounding guitars, flubbed notes, bad singing, grainy video. It's all here. Still proud. Filmed in the basement of my old house in St Louis.

(I wish I'd written a second verse, though.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1225 on: December 30, 2014, 04:38:31 am »

I can hear my mom watching it and I am thinking about how the only easy-to-hear line includes the word "marijuana."

(in the song I am saying that instead of smoking or drinking I just go surf, but the lyrics are pretty nervous-guy-garbled. Also she might know that I do not literally surf.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1226 on: December 30, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »

My mom came to one of our gigs when I was in college. She left halfway through.

I enjoyed "Surfing the Mississippi."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1227 on: January 05, 2015, 09:28:03 pm »

Hey, is there any kind of setup documentation for this application? It's not working right.
Did you check this thing?
Yes.
How about this other thing?
Yeah, looked at that too.
Hmmm.  Well, it SHOULD work.
<spend two weeks fuck*ng around with it>
Did you do everything in the setup guide?
What setup guide?
The one on the SharePoint site?
What SharePoint site?
Here, I'll send you a link.
ISN'T THAT WHAT I ASKED FOR ORIGINALLY? PRETTY SURE THAT'S WHAT I ASKED FOR.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1228 on: January 06, 2015, 02:40:28 pm »

Stay off the beach Mayor.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Oh no you dint!
« Reply #1229 on: January 06, 2015, 03:55:15 pm »

The snow is foiling my plan to get free birthday lunches all week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 94   Go Up